HHI LOVERS THREAD

These are the DVC Boards, the rules to prevent the spread of the virus apply to all of Disney...resorts, parks, transportation and so forth. This is not a DVC specific topic, and is off-topic for the HHI thread. There is no reason to discuss the same thing on every board throughout the DISBoard system. If they were treating DVC differently from the rest of the company, then it would be a DVC topic for discussion. The DVC Boards are not intended to be "debate" boards. They are information boards about current events and history pertaining to DVC. Again, if you wish to discuss the general pros and cons of masks, social distancing and other Covid prevention measures, please do so on the DIS Community Board. Also please know that the decision as to what topics are appropriate for discussion (like smoking policies, and so forth) are not made by a single moderator acting independently. DVC discussion board policies are discussed and implemented by the DVC Board mod team.

Last edited:
We were at Disney HH 7/5-7/10. It is not our home resort but we enjoy the relaxing vibe and the beach. We were very much aware of the guidelines for masks and social distancing and as a family we appreciated it.
Our studio was clean and had a great marsh view. Really enjoyed sitting out on the covered porch.

There were pool activities and some craft activities for the community hall which you needed to sign up for. Tide Me Over qs is open 8-5 if you need a Mickey Waffle fix, and The Mercantile 9-9. Cms through out the resort were their usual wonderful selves.
We didn't get to enjoy the beach as much because of rainy weather. The beach was definitely crowded but people were doing well with social distancing. Food wise missed having Signals open except for Fri Sat and Sun. The pool bar was open with limited hrs.

We made a family decision to limit eating out. We chose Hudsons and SkullCreek Boathouse with outdoor seating. Our 20yr old ds was in heaven with all the good seafood.
If you want take out there are plenty of places to do that. Just know that they are very busy so you may need to order earlier than normal.
We also grilled out one night the fish my dh and ds caught on a fishing trip. HH is a wonderful place for families to relax and have fun. It was a long quiet ride home to NE Pa. We will be back.

Thanks for the thorough review. It is very helpful. We have our first visit to HHI scheduled for August. Still on the fence. We live 1 hr from WDW so have stayed at every DVC resort there (owners of BLT & VB), VB, Aulani, and GC so HHI is the last one to complete those that are open now! We went to VB over the 4th and was thinking the same - for people who have never been here before it must not seem like much since not everything is offered. We have WDW visits for Tgiving week and a weekend in Dec planned but doubt we will go as I am not sure it will be the same experience and those are points I can bank. Lots to consider with the HHI trip but we have had 3 cancelled trips so far this year so like you said, better than nothing.
As I mentioned we lost 2 trips and I know that is nothing compared to a death in the family (sad how having an opinion these days that isn’t necessarily politically correct requires a disclaimer or you risk getting attacked or moderated) but HHDVC is a nice resort but the restrictions definitely impacted our stay negatively. We were going to make our last trip to Disney the week before Christmas this year with all 3 of our sons but it would be a joke with all the restrictions. I recommend HHDVC as a getaway for you but as you understand the stay will be impacted.

Wondering what the odds are of it being warm enough to swim in November. Working from home and online school provides a lot of flexibility! Does anyone have past experience?

Wondering what the odds are of it being warm enough to swim in November. Working from home and online school provides a lot of flexibility! Does anyone have past experience?

We've been to HHI for the last 14 Novembers. We've had it so cold we saw steam coming up from the pool (it was in the 30s) and other years in the 80s. Most common is high 50s to high 60s. Whether or not that's swimmable weather depends on where you're from. But know that if you choose to swim, you'll have plenty of company!

Here now, and my fourth trip to DHHIR, seventh to HHI in general, and have stayed at all the DVC resorts save Aulani, RIV, and Boardwalk, owning since 2002. Even with restrictions, HHI remains one of our favorites. CMs are the best; the vibe is relaxed; and while activities are limited, they're reduction is not impactful enough to downgrade a trip for us. Certainly, compared to the zoo that WDW is right now (not meant pejoratively), it's a welcome respite. We long ago figured DVC would one day merely be a way to cut our costs when exploring other avenues than the parks. Certainly, for HHI, it's still a lovely oasis in which to simply relax.

Here now, and my fourth trip to DHHIR, seventh to HHI in general, and have stayed at all the DVC resorts save Aulani, RIV, and Boardwalk, owning since 2002. Even with restrictions, HHI remains one of our favorites. CMs are the best; the vibe is relaxed; and while activities are limited, they're reduction is not impactful enough to downgrade a trip for us. Certainly, compared to the zoo that WDW is right now (not meant pejoratively), it's a welcome respite. We long ago figured DVC would one day merely be a way to cut our costs when exploring other avenues than the parks. Certainly, for HHI, it's still a lovely oasis in which to simply relax.
Do you happen to have a copy of the activity guide? Or could take a photo? Only DVC resort we haven't been to is HHI! We live 1 hr from WDW so stayed at all and Aulani, Vero & Grand Californian and have first trip planned trip to HHI in Aug. We live in FL so numbers not good and neither SC so wondering if we should make the trip (6 hr drive) so any insight especially from a multi-time visitor would be appreciated!

Do you happen to have a copy of the activity guide? Or could take a photo? Only DVC resort we haven't been to is HHI! We live 1 hr from WDW so stayed at all and Aulani, Vero & Grand Californian and have first trip planned trip to HHI in Aug. We live in FL so numbers not good and neither SC so wondering if we should make the trip (6 hr drive) so any insight especially from a multi-time visitor would be appreciated!
We did not pick up an activity sheet this trip, but I believe there pictures of the current one earlier in this thread as they haven't changed the activities since re-opening on 15 June. The activities are limited to a few arts/crafts things (tie-dye shirts, pillow case, and a couple of more), and you can rent bikes, as well. The pool is open with limited numbers of people allowed in the pool area at one time, monitored by CMs. Still, the resort itself is a very relaxing place to be, and most of the yard game areas are open--you just have to ask the CMs for the items for each game (horseshoes, bocci ball, putting green, et. al.). Please keep in mind that the resort campus itself is a mask-on zone at all times except in the pool area just like the rest of DVC properties.

Outside the Disney bubble, there are plenty of activities to do around the island from dolphin tours, to parasailing, to kayaking, biking, miniature golf, historical tours, and the beach, naturally. As you are likely aware, Disney has a beach house 1.5 miles from the main resort, and they provide a free shuttle between the two, though it will only carry a few people at a time given social distancing protocols. However, you can walk, bike, or drive on your own, though the parking area at the Beach House is limited, so go early if you drive. It's a public beach there, but there is a private entrance to/from the beach at the Beach House, as well as public access right beside it. There is also a pool at the Beach House.

The numbers in SC, as a whole, are a bit better than in FL. HHI itself began a mandated mask wearing in stores, shops, restaurants, etc. a couple of Mondays ago after the virus numbers began to spike. When we were here on DHHIR's opening day for a week, few people outside the Disney resort wore masks. Now, to go inside pretty much anywhere on island, you're required to wear a mask. We're Maskers, anyway, so are completely in tune with that mandate. Hopefully, this will provide you some peace of mind should you decide to make the trip. I have a daughter who lives in Melbourne, and so I'm well aware of the relative craziness associated with FL's numbers and response. You don't get that same level of angst while on the island. Best wishes on your decision!

The pools are heated, so the water will be comfortable if the air temp is to your liking. The ocean may still be in the low 70s depending on when in November. (The ocean temp now is 83 and will still get warmer for another few weeks.)

We went the third week in January and we spent plenty of time in the pool. We did get lucky and highs in the upper 60's, but the main pool is heated and we had fun doing the slide. I'm sure November would be great!

A waitlist came through, so our three night stay in September will be in the same room!

My one beef with Disney HH, is that they don’t have the Lodge with its elevator access a booking category.
That's great!!! We were there last week and it was a waitlist for that visit that came through for us. Have a wonderful time!!

Hi--quick question for anyone at the resort now or just back. Are they allowing the face shields/gaiters at the resort? I saw that WDW allowed them for the resort only stays, but when the parks opened, they were not allowed in there. I'm not really sure why?

Any feedback would be appreciated! TIA!

Hi--quick question for anyone at the resort now or just back. Are they allowing the face shields/gaiters at the resort? I saw that WDW allowed them for the resort only stays, but when the parks opened, they were not allowed in there. I'm not really sure why?

Any feedback would be appreciated! TIA!
We were there last week. I don't think face shields are allowed right now on any Disney property but I did see a couple of gaiters while on property including my ds. It was not an issue. For the most part on property people were very compliant.
HH Island is now requiring masks when you are out and about grocery stores, restaurants, outlets etc. I don't know if you have been there before but it is a lovely resort. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter