HHN 2023 and Mickey Not so Scsry

DisneyFam1324

Earning My Ears
I planned on going to Halloween Horror Nights and Mickey Not-so-scary for the first time this year. Does anyone know any restrictions on cameras (or "professional" cameras / dslr's / etc.) in the park or the houses? I can't seem to find that on the official website. If anyone can confirm or deny this, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
You’re not supposed to film or take pictures in the houses at HHN (I think press nights are the exception) but you can in the scare zones there as long as you don’t use a flash because it’s not safe for the scare actors since a lot of them have limited visibility due to their costumes or are on stilts and the flash can temporarily blind them. Some scare actors are more happy to pose than others in those areas if it’s not too congested but others aren’t. It’s their choice how they interact with you and a lot of the time the scare zones get crazy busy so it’s not always possible to hang around to get some good shots. Their main job is to be scaring people at the end of the day.

As for Mickey’s, I’m pretty sure cameras are fine throughout the event but again no flash. I saw people there last year with tripods set up to film the fireworks in the hub.

Last edited:
Agree with above. At HHN, as you're entering the house they are very strict about no phones/cameras out. I have seen UO employees literally stop people from going in until they physically put they're stuff away. And they also have people in the houses monitoring. So super strict!

MNSSHP is very lenient. Again its just no flash in the dark! Just be courteous about other guests and no blasting a flash in their faces during shows and fireworks.

At a previous HHN you could collect points for going in each house. They had signs with QR codes that you would scan on your phone. The signs for a couple were right before you entered and I got yelled at a couple of times for pulling out my phone. HHN is pretty strict

At HHN you are free to take photos in the Scare Zones. You just have to be careful of the scare actors that you do not obstruct their movement as they perform in the Scare Zones.

As noted above there are some scare actors on stilts you have to be careful approaching them.

There is a Tour called the Unmasking the Horror Tour that has a 6 house tour and 3 house tour that has a tour guide that takes you into selected houses and shares information about the houses with the lights on during the day. You are allowed to take photos in selected areas of the houses.

I have done this tour for a number of years and it is awesome. You are able to appreciate the artistry that goes into creating the houses.

I have gotten some great pictures doing this tour over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter