Delete Thread

Nice wrap up........shame about those blisters........they can be so painful!!!

Have enjoyed reading along though and glad it all worked out regardless of the blip with the hurricane......

I buy my athletic shoes (that I wear in the parks and use for exercise) one size larger than my normal shoe size. It helps to cut down on hot spots on feet due to swelling. You may want to think about that.

Thanks for doing a re-cap.

Nice wrap up........shame about those blisters........they can be so painful!!!

Have enjoyed reading along though and glad it all worked out regardless of the blip with the hurricane......

Thank you, oh yeah they were awful.

I buy my athletic shoes (that I wear in the parks and use for exercise) one size larger than my normal shoe size. It helps to cut down on hot spots on feet due to swelling. You may want to think about that.

That's an idea :scratchin I haven't bought new sneakers in awhile so I think I have to do some shopping around. The ones I got that didn't fit I thought about sizing up, but the back of my heels were sliding around quite a bit even though the front of the shoe was tight so I thought a size up would be way too big.

Thanks for doing a re-cap.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

Google athletic shoes with narrow heels to see if you can find a style that might work better for your foot. Having narrow heels is a fairly common problem.

It is however less than a month till our next trip!

AHHHHHH!

We had a lot of fun packed into this long weekend, and I think it made us realize weekend trips can be a lot of fun (we were hesitant to take such a short trip), but I do think when the flights are does matter.

Yeah, that's awesome! A short weekend trip can be super fun! We felt the same way, despite a few minor glitches, about our Disney weekend back in May. Glad it was a good choice for you!

What injury do I get?

Both my feet ended up with such bad blisters on the bottom of my pinkie toes that I couldn't walk for about 2 days :confused3 I'm still looking for the perfect shoes and hoping to avoid that in Dec. Luckily with cooler weather I can wear much thicker socks too. (And I bought anti blister ones, blister band aids, and everything under the sun to prevent them or make things more comfortable).

Uggh! I'm still sorry this happened to you! I've been there on a smaller scale, so I can only imagine how bad it was for you. I hope your blister prevention techniques do the job next month! I'm so worried about this for our trip since we'll have the runDisney 5K at the very end of it. Uggh. Rotating through multiple pairs of shoes and regular good-sock-changing I guess.

as well as a hotel comparison coming

Looking forward to this :)

Wondering what to do next we headed to the Peoplemover, and for the first time the line was just too long for us.

X7MGane.gif

That was a new one for us!

Ugh, it was like this several times for us too! Like to the point where they had added extra chains and poles to rope off a larger area.

Although Josh thinks this Donkey looks super creepy.

OEzZ9NWl.jpg

It does have an extraordinary amount of teeth!

Oh, to be in Diagon Alley with so few people!! Wow. When we went it was just sooo crowded!

In another quick blister TMI, I managed to pop the second one the night before after soaking it and poking at it with a pin for a bit :rotfl:

img_4060-gif.281109

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
The Ron Burgundy gif was too much, I snorted out loud

I totally failed at getting buffet pictures though. How do people do it?

I don't knooooowwww! I never manage to get buffet pictures, and just suck at food pictures in general, but buffets...how do people get nice ones??

I didn't realize I was way behind on quotes, I came back and read after getting home from my trip and when I came to see the wrap up it took me back farther than I thought, but I got 'em all in now!
We need to be in the parks at the same time again!! :sad:

Ooh, next year they need a Riverdale scare zone at USO and we can go get stalked by Serpents or something :snail: <---Dis version of Southside Serpent, fyi :rotfl:

Great reviews! I'd like to stay at Portofino Bay sometime. I have a friend who worked there on a placement from school, and she highly recommended it. The pictures are so nice! I've only stayed at RPR and Hard Rock so far, but maybe someday I'll reach your level of Universal prowess and stay at all of them! :)

Great reviews! I'd like to stay at Portofino Bay sometime. I have a friend who worked there on a placement from school, and she highly recommended it. The pictures are so nice! I've only stayed at RPR and Hard Rock so far, but maybe someday I'll reach your level of Universal prowess and stay at all of them! :)

Thank you! Portofino Bay is so gorgeous you definitely need to stay there someday! I really want to stay there again, but we have to go during a time of year where it's a little cheaper. But they are all so awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts