Delete Thread

Thank you for reading along! There's still a little bit to go, but we didn't get to much on our last day because I wasn't feeling well.

We did get to see a lot while we were there! Yes, 25 days! Maybe we'll run into you there, our dates are about the same :rotfl: and we should be at Universal around the mid to end of that week.

Aww what a shame.....it isn't fair to be poorly on vacation!

Yep, will look out for you.….our December trip is park focused due to Kyle being with us....except for a day at KSC...….no definite plans yet.

Aww what a shame.....it isn't fair to be poorly on vacation!

I agree, though it does seem to happen every so often on our trips. Always glad when it at least holds off until the end, but the plane ride home is awful when you're all stuffed up.

Yep, will look out for you.….our December trip is park focused due to Kyle being with us....except for a day at KSC...….no definite plans yet.

Yes, I'll keep an eye out for you too! We have a couple parks days planned so maybe we'll cross paths.

I enjoyed reading along, thanks for sharing. I wish I could have went to HHN this year it really looked like a great event. I hope you have a wonderful trip in December!

Sorry about not feeling well- never fun to feel under the weather on vacation. Your lunch looks wonderful!!!::yes::

Glad you had a nice trip- enjoyed your TR!!

Yay about visiting Disneyland next year! Love Disneyland!:goodvibes Hope to get back there soon as well!!:thumbsup2

I've been so MIA on the boards... I'm ashamed...

ConventionalHugeGrosbeak-small.gif

The driver called to tell us he couldn't transport any bags to the airport. We thought that was weird because we had marked where we were going and told him no we weren't going to the airport. He immediately canceled the ride. (My guess because a fare to Discovery Cove isn't as high, but how would he have taken anyone to the airport without space for bags?)
So so weird. It makes me think of our guy that picked us up at the airport with no room for our bags (I can't believe we got them all crammed in, you know, next to his basketball and booze in the trunk :rotfl:)
She seemed to know where she was going, until we got there...we were not at Discovery Cove but at a random apartment complex. :confused: The address was correct in the GPS, but the location was completely wrong. We tried to talk to her, but it turns out she spoke no English at all. She had to pull up a translator app on her phone and after a long conversation we figured it must be the app.
I still can't believe your crazy Uber troubles this day
We had been swimming for maybe around 15 mins when they said there was lightning so we all had to get out of the water. (It never rained a drop that day and I saw no lighting so I'm not sure what it was. But they did let the people doing the Dolphin Swim stay in the water which I thought was weird).
Well if you pay more they will risk your life more to make sure you're not upset :)
I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm not completely crazy about swimming so while I wanted to try Discovery Cove again I figured Josh would enjoy some parts of it more than me, so when he said he was thinking we should go I left it up to him. We agreed to leave, and that we wouldn't be back. We really thought the first time was a one off, but this time I still didn't like the food, found the animal interactions lacking (there really wasn't much to see and I was disappointed there was no one working in the aviary to give us bird food). Josh was disappointed in the lack of employees whenever we were looking for something and the fact that every time we go we have to get out of the water with no idea of if we'll be able to get back in before the day ends. I know, we did get there later in the day, (though the fact that we were so late was because of Uber) but again I don't think the time you get there should make a difference if you still get there with several hours left in the day. We concluded this was a pretty expensive mistake, but lesson learned.
Bummer. I'm torn on Discovery Cove... I almost pulled the trigger on that trip, because I saw a really good deal for tickets plus the Dolphin Swim included that had to be used in Sept or Oct. I think it was the same or slightly less than just entry for the day, but included the Dolphins. But I didn't want to rearrange plans on that trip.
He said he forgets to say the person's name when he pulls up (usually they do), so this has happened to him before. (How does this happen more than once and you don't start asking for people's names?) On our end, the car was the same as the one that was supposed to be picking us up, and the message we got was that our driver was hard of hearing so when he didn't initially say anything to us I figured that was why. Finally we sorted out where we were going, the only issue was we weren't on Uber's system anymore, so I was wondering how would we pay him? :confused: (We didn't have cash, and all Uber transactions are in app even tip). To this guy's credit, he did not ask anything about how we would pay him, but we asked him to take us to the Hard Rock, and we'd get him some money from the ATM. I offered to stay with him while Josh went to get it, but he told me he trusted us to come back.
This is still crazy and makes me laugh!
The house was in my opinion more something to look at/for fans of the show than a "haunted house". It was very well done, and the rooms looked great it just wasn't scary.
Agreed. Super cool, but not really scary. It was a bit like going through the Forbidden Journey queue but with people popping out :laughing:
Compared to how awesome I thought this house was going to be it was kind of disappointing. Also Josh pressed something and then I got sprayed in the face :rotfl:
When Zack's brother came back from their Oct trip, he was like "Partner kept pushing buttons in this house and I got sprayed in the face!" We thought of you!
Finally Vamp '85 at night!
Yayyyyy! This was my favorite... I am a sucker for 80s music :rotfl:
The First Purge part I just thought was awful. We hadn't seen the movie so maybe that would add more context, but aside from knowing it was a Purge movie I just didn't really get what was supposed to be happening. It didn't really feel like a Purge movie (I remember walking through rooms in a house and every so often a half naked guy would pop out at us) there weren't a lot of scare actors, and I didn't get any coherent story out of it.
Same here. We watched the first Purge movie before going since we hadn't seen any, and I guess I expected more to it after HDD and the transition being the screens with the alarm going off? But all I remember is the half naked guy being in every room.
We had another good run through, and noticed a lot more little details like Jack's name on the posters and other that work on Horror Nights as well as a pill bottle in one room which had the name Laurie Strode on it (guessing it was from the last Halloween house).
I was blown away by all of the detail at HHN. I didn't expect that going in at all!
Halloween 4 was definitely better than I expected, and I didn't feel like you needed to have seen the movie to know what was going on.
You say that... and later Zack was like, why was it the same guy always? :rotfl: I felt the same as you, and I've never even watched any of the Halloween movies the whole way through. I asked Zack, but it's Michael Myers, you at least recognize the name right? Nope. So he was not a fan because he was just confused :laughing:

We usually get these, but this time we shared them with Zack too. As usual these were piled so high with filling that everyone looks ridiculous eating them, but were so delicious it was worth it.
He was on cloud nine. Hmmm, maybe I should book Homecoming Brunch before our cruise trip next summer, since it leaves on a Sunday... :idea:
Usually I don't really like bacon and sweet things together, but these were so amazingly good! We each had one and then split the third yum :lovestruc
I'm not always big on sweet and bacon either, but they were so good!
Hallelujah Biscuit
Open-faced biscuit topped with Chef Art’s famous fried chicken, two over-easy eggs, pimento cheese, pecan-smoked bacon and smothered in sawmill gravy. with potatoes gratin
This was amazing. So good. Even being a weirdo with scrambled eggs :) And so were the potatoes. So cheesy!
I think both Alyssa and Zack liked their meals, but I didn't ask them to give me detailed reviews so she'll have to let me know in the comments :rotfl:
Zack still goes on about his meal, so what does that say? :laughing: He had a short rib hash on our Nashville weekend at the beginning of the month, and declared it delicious and almost as good as Homecookin (because he never gets that right).
We decided to split up so we could each hit a different booth and then meet back up to eat.
I haven't gotten Zack to understand this concept yet.
Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes from Belgium
I missed this again this year!
Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread from Brazil
Zack forgot that he didn't like these and tried them again this year. I think he chewed them twice as long as last year :rotfl:
This was one of my favorite dishes last year, and probably the worst one I had this year. I ended up not finishing it, the cheese wasn't really creamy at all it was just kind of dry and spicy.
:( I didn't think our Mac and Cheese was very good this year either.
Goodbye HHN28 :sad: I wish we could've spent longer there, but only 10 more months until HHN29!
Woo! And it's starting earlier, I think I just read the other day!
When we left we caught the first water taxi headed to a resort (so we could Uber from there).
Filing this tip away for future reference. Way smarter.
We ended up seeing A Simple Favor, which I did like although there were a lot of twists in it, and some of them seemed a little out of place.
We saw this my birthday weekend. We didn't dislike it, but there were a few weird twists. It made me think of Gone Girl.
I'm very excited for next year's HHN, and we're hoping to go on both coasts next year if we can.
Can't wait to hear about your travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!