HHN Help

Miranda Danda

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I am so sorry if I ask something that’s been gone over a million times, but my Halloween loving DD10 is dying to go to HHN. I want to surprise her with a quick trip, but because she’s in a strenuous gifted program at her school, I don’t want her to miss any days so this locks us into a weekend and, I’m sure, huge crowds. We’ve watched videos and read reports, but I’m wondering how much we could see/get done on a Saturday night in the beginning of October. Any tips or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :) We’re a 7 hour drive from Orlando, so we’d leave after school on a Friday and come home on a Sunday morning!

You'll be able to see nearly everything, just know you'll be waiting in long lines as Saturdays are the busiest. I'd recommend arriving to the gates early to be near the front. I usually aim to get there around 45-60 min prior to the start of the event. Keep an eye out for what the most popular houses are and try to hit those first.

As long as you plan to arrive there early and plan to stay until park close or at least close to it, you can do every house and see the show. I highly recommend seeing the Academy of Villains show. I'll also add in, this is without riding any rides or just 1 or 2 rides. When we go to HHN every year, it's for the houses and scarezones. We might ride Men in Black, but that's about it. If you want to ride the rides as well as hit all the houses, then I'd recommend spending extra and getting the express pass.

You'll be able to see nearly everything, just know you'll be waiting in long lines as Saturdays are the busiest. I'd recommend arriving to the gates early to be near the front. I usually aim to get there around 45-60 min prior to the start of the event. Keep an eye out for what the most popular houses are and try to hit those first.

As long as you plan to arrive there early and plan to stay until park close or at least close to it, you can do every house and see the show. I highly recommend seeing the Academy of Villains show. I'll also add in, this is without riding any rides or just 1 or 2 rides. When we go to HHN every year, it's for the houses and scarezones. We might ride Men in Black, but that's about it. If you want to ride the rides as well as hit all the houses, then I'd recommend spending extra and getting the express pass.
Thank you so much for the tips and info! We are definitely most interested in houses and scarezones so that would work perfectly!

Lines are already pretty long this early in the run- the houses at the moment are all averaging about an hour (although Stranger Things hits 2 hours easily, it’s the most popular house this year). But if you’re able to stay the entire time I think you can get it done.

I recommend getting express passes so you can assure you get to see all the houses and zones. It's expensive, but if you're only there one night, and you want to not rush, rush to each house, then express will help.

We just got back from a Saturday night tour and it was very, very busy. This is was only the 2nd weekend of HHN. I hear the crowds will get more and more busy in October.

If you can swing an RIP tour, that would be the easiest way to see all the houses and the show with no waiting. If the tours are booked then I would buy the Express Pass tickets, they are well worth it. Another great option is the Stay and Scream with an EP you will make the most out of the houses/time.

As mentioned hit the most popular houses first, especially Stranger Things. This house is super popular and good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter