Hi! Anyone doing ABD England/ France starting on Monday??

Is this trip going near the riots and protests? We’ve been seeing news reports and we’re worried /cautious about booking our future trip this summer.

Is this trip going near the riots and protests? We’ve been seeing news reports and we’re worried /cautious about booking our future trip this summer.
I wouldn't be too worried about protests. Your guide and hotel reception will be able to tell you what is going on where. If they know they are in arrondissement X, and your schedule said to go there, I am sure ABD would make a change in the plans.

If something is a target of rioters it'll be most likely a government building, not a national landmark.

The Louvre was closed last week for one day because of the employees protested (peacefully) in front of the building. I know it's the most famous museum, but Paris has better, less busy museums to offer anyway 😉

I don't think you use a lot of public transportation with ABD, so those strikes probably don't impact you. Many strikes in public transportation are announced, so your guide should be able to anticipate.

Strikes in garbage disposal are not pretty to see, but also not something that impacts you a lot as a tourist, I think.

But for what it's worth, protesting is almost a national sport in France, even without the unrest about the pension age, it is quite common to find (peaceful) protesters on big squares etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter