Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Lose Weight I Go!

Blndiebby25

Mouseketeer
Okay it is time for me to get serious about my weight loss (ya I have heard that one before too). I am tired of feeling horrible (get heartburn on a regular basis it seems) and looking horrible. Most of my clothes wither don't fit or don't fit properly. I also want to stop hiding from pictures and want lots of family photos during our Disney World trip in December.

Hi my name is Jennifer and I am a foodaholic and exercise avoider. I'm 38, 5'4", and currently weigh approx. 209 lbs. I swore I would never be close to, let alone over 200 lbs. Well that didn't work out. I am a mother of 3 (2 teenage sons and a little girl).

I would like to eventually get down to about 130 lbs but we'll see how I am once I get somewhere close to there. For now I just want to lose some weight for our trip in December which is about 27 weeks away. I will be aiming for 27 lbs lost by trip time which is 1 lb a week. I think that is doable. I will be hoping for more but I don't want to discourage myself.

I will be doing this by:

• only drinking water (no pop, juice, or alcohol) - aiming for 3L a day
  • cutting out as much processed food as possible
  • tracking calories on Sparkpeople - aiming for 1570 calories or slightly less
  • following a running app to go from 0-5k-10k and if that goes well 10k-half marathon
I might also add in ab crunches, pushups, and squats as I go.

My weekly exercise plan will be as follows:

• Mon --> running app before work
  • Tue --> 45 min walk before work
  • Wed --> running app before work
  • Thu --> 45 min walk before work
  • Fri --> running app before work
  • Sat --> 45 min-1 hr walk
  • Sun --> 45 min-1 hr walk
I'll try to post my daily plan each morning and report back each evening.

Days Until Trip - 187
Starting Weight - 209
Current Weight - 209
Weight Lost - 0

Okay the day has already started so it won't be the exactly according to plan but there is no time like the present to get started.

Today's Goals

• 1570 calories
  • Drink 3L water
  • Start my running app plan after work
Will report back how it went tonight. :)

Just wanted to pop in with some encouragement from the December group!! I personally need to get myself back on track too, but I keep making excuses or being lazy, so good for you for taking this step!!

Okay yesterday didn't go as planned. I didn't get my exercise in. I can give a lot of excuses about kids not in a good mood after work, etc but it just didn't get done. I stayed within my calories though. :) Water I got in about half of what I wanted.

Today's Goals
  • 1570 calories
  • Drink 3L of water (Have almost drank 1L already and it is only 8am)
  • Running app workout I missed yesterday (Done! Did this before getting ready for work this morning)
I am already off to a better start today!

Morning all! I did much better yesterday. Didn't get everything accomplished but there was improvement. :) I drank most of my water, got my workout in before work, and stayed within my calories. Did have a couple foods I probably shouldn't have but oh well.

Today's Goals
  • 1570 calories
  • Drink 3L of water
  • Running app workout (Done!)
Today's running workout was 5 min walking warmup, 20 min of run walking (alternating running 1 min, walking 1.5 min), and 5 min walking cooldown. I am actually pretty surprised at how well I am doing with this. I am not running that fast (more of a job) but I am doing the full minute each time. :) I never thought I would be one of those people that got up extra early to get in a workout before work but that is the only way I can make sure I can get it done. I have tried to do it after work and during the day I am like "Ya going to get this workout done after work!" By the time after work comes along I don't want to do ANYTHING and can't get my butt moving.

Just popping by to say hooray for you! :yay:

I am a fellow exercise-hater and I've been really loathing the idea of starting a running program, but you are inspiring me to think seriously about it!

Looking good! I have trouble getting motivated to exercise as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts