Hi I am new and have questions

pixie_dust_04

Earning My Ears
HI, I just moved to the UK and we are taking our first trip to DLP in December. Can you please tell me what the weather will be like at that time? Also, is there Priority Seating like at WDW? :earsgirl:

I'm pretty sure they don't have priority seating like WDW as I have never heard of it whenever I have been there.

The weather is likely to be cold so wrap up warm. It should be enjoyable even if it is cold.

It really can get VERY cold at DLP. A warm hat and a thermal vest don't take up much room in a suitcase, so I always pack them, and have often needed them!! Better to be safe than sorry!

I read somewhere that it got down to -5C in December at DLP last year so plenty of layers sounds like a good idea - and lots of stops for hot chocolate!!

We went in December of 2001 and it was very chilly, especially since it started to get dark at around 4:30 or 5:00. We usually headed back to the hotel soon after it got dark because I was so cold. I think the thermal vest is a great idea, I was wearing one too, but the thing I wish I had was something for my ears...they froze. I remember my hands freezing too. Thick warm gloves would be great...
Have a great time! The holiday season there is beautiful!

the thing I wish I had was something for my ears...they froze.

On our second visit to DLP, at the end of Nov 1993, it was so cold that the waterfall from Skull Rock had completely frozen. We hadn't come prepared for this and spent the first day looking EVERYWHERE for a woolly hat - to no avail. After a freezing day in the Park, we eventually found a very ordinary, even hideous design (and, to me, not at all fashionable - DH didn't care!), in the Mickey Sports (?) shop, in what is now the Disney Village. And the next day, other people were so desperate for a woolly hat, that they even stopped us, and asked where we got them!!!:earseek:

I think DLP have learnt their lesson, and in subsequent years I have seen lots of warm hats in all different shapes and designs. But just in case, it's definitely a good move to pack a hat or even some earmuffs - ones that you know you look good in!! :teeth:

Can't resist asking what OKW is that you're going to, Bexx! Can't work it out - sorry!

As everyone says wrap up warm with hat, gloves and scarf.
I'd also suggest a nice warm but comfortable shoes, boots - don't want to be standing watching a parade with feet freezing!

Regards
Reid

diberry - it's Old Key West in WDW!! :teeth: I know that I'm very lucky to be going there and shouldn't be complaining when I hear about everyones trips to DLP. But I haven't been to WDW for six years and our last visit to DLP was two years ago, so I'm just desperate to get to Disney again!! Besides, as wonderful as WDW is, I do have a VERY soft spot for DLP - I think it's a lovely place!!

Reid - have a great trip! I'm having root canal work done tomorrow. :( Now, which would I rather be doing? Hmmmm......let me think!?! :scratchin :p

Thanks Bexx - never thought of that! Haven't stayed there - Dixie Landings was my favourite! I agree - we go to WDW every year but I do love DLP - a very different atmosphere - and much more accessible!! Have fun tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diberry - when we last went to WDW we stayed at Dixie Landings too - and absolutely loved the place. Would stay there again in a heartbeat, but now we have two young children I bought into DVC for the villa type accommodation, rather than just a hotel room. I chose OKW particularly, as it seems similar to DL - even has the boatride to DTD!!

SO looking forward to tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Sorry we've hijacked your thread, pixie_dust :o - hope you don't mind?! :D

Bexx
thank you for your thoughts.

I'll send Disney magic your way, to see you through the dental work :wave2:

Reid :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter