Hi it's me- you want some pretzel?- a sisters' Dec 2019 USO/WDW trip! new 1/24!

Sounds like such a fun night getting on all the rides and seeing the castle show!! Your pics at the raptor encounter are too funny- I really want to do it but when we went last year it was raining so it wasn't happening :(

The raptor encounter is hysterical. Hopefully you can do it next time!

Following! I'm hopeful you got to ride Hagrid's. I'm jealous that you got to ride Pteredon Flyers without a kid! I remember years ago when I first went to Universal with my friend and we were both childless millennials, I got so excited seeing them and she said, "Oh, you're going to be so mad. We can't ride them."

Thanks for reading!

It is disappointing when they tell you you can't ride as an adult lol! But in a couple years, you'll be able to ride with your daughter!

We've Been Awake for 21 Hours!

After flying over the park on Pteranodon Flyers, it was nearing 11:30 and the event was ending at 12:30.

We headed back to Hogsmeade hoping to get a ride in on Hagrid's before the end of the night.

Unfortunately, when we got there, we found out the ride was closed for the night.

giphy.gif

It was such a rookie mistake. Hagrid's had regularly been closing before the end of regular park hours but for some reason, I didn't think the same would happen at the event.

We were disappointed but we'd had such a successful night so far so we didn't let it ruin the night. We'd still have a chance to ride tomorrow during the regular park day!

So, we continued on to Seuss Landing!

🥰 🥰 🥰

When we were in Seuss Landing earlier, the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (try saying that 5 times fast!) was closed for the rain and I don't think either of us had ever rode it before so we decided now was the time.

The whole ride was adorably themed.

And it offered a lot of pretty nighttime park views.

There was another dessert table set up in Seuss Landing!

We grabbed some and continued across to the superhero area and ended our night with a ride on Spiderman.

After our ride, we went into the gift shop to check one more tree off our scavenger hunt.

It was midnight at this point and we were TIRED. Other than our short nap in the afternoon, we'd basically been up 21 hours at this point. We decided to get some last minute snacks and leave.

There was a hot chocolate bar for the event!

Yum.

We also stopped at Cinnabon on the way to the exit to get a cinnabun and some cinna stixs for a snack/breakfast in the morning.

We exited the park at 12:25, made the long trek through Citiwalk and found our rental car in the parking lot. We got back to the hotel quickly and crashed hard!

Tomorrow, we'd spend a little more time at Universal and then head to WDW!

Unfortunately, when we got there, we found out the ride was closed for the night.
nooooooo!!!!
We were disappointed but we'd had such a successful night so far so we didn't let it ruin the night.
Well, that's good at least. :)
When we were in Seuss Landing earlier, the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride (try saying that 5 times fast!)
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride

Easy. Just have to copy and paste fast.
The whole ride was adorably themed.
I love that you have to take hats off. I mean, it's so wild!
There was another dessert table set up in Seuss Landing!
Yum!
We grabbed some and continued across to the superhero area and ended our night with a ride on Spiderman.
Good way to end the day. Great ride. :)
After our ride, we went into the gift shop to check one more tree off our scavenger hunt.
:thumbsup2
Other than our short nap in the afternoon, we'd basically been up 21 hours at this point.
Heh. Good training for parenthood.
There was a hot chocolate bar for the event!
Oh! yes please!
We got back to the hotel quickly and crashed hard!
I bet!

I don't know WHEN I forgot to keep following this one??? But I'm back lol!

You get awesome views of the park from the ride but I was too afraid to drop my phone or camera to attempt taking any lol. It was a fun and thrilling ride and a little weird to be all alone flying over the park!
I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Both boys were too big for this the first time we took them so I've never ridden and I really want to!

That stinks about Hagrids closing early, but it still sounds like a fun end to the night! Riding the Trolley ride at night seems fun! And the hot chocolate bar looked cool!

nooooooo!!!!

:( :(

Easy. Just have to copy and paste fast.

cheater!

Good way to end the day. Great ride. :)

Agreed. One of my favorites of the 3d simulators!

Heh. Good training for parenthood.

Good point :faint::faint::faint:

The Kitchen Breakfast

After a LONG but fun-filled arrival day, we struggled to get up the next morning.

Once we did, we packed up our stuff and loaded it back into the car as we were checking out that morning.

Our excitement for the day started when it was time to start the rental car. The rental car was a pretty basic model Hyundai and required putting the key in the ignition (unlike the fancy push to start technology that I've grown used to).

Well.

That would be all well and fine except that I could not get the key to turn in the ignition no matter what I did. Naturally, Kim and I both started panicking and came up with two millennial solutions. Google the problem and call dad.

Dad was pretty sure we'd lost our minds and didn't understand why we couldn't figure this out but google came to the rescue and it seems there's some kinda anti-theft feature and if you don't turn the steering wheel back to center when you park the car, it can cause it to lock and you basically have to turn the wheel all the way to the left and turn the key at the same time.

giphy.gif

Finally, with all of both of our strength, we succeeded and got the car started.

At this point we were HANGRY and breakfast was in order to remedy the stressful morning.

I remembered the delicious acoustic brunch we'd had in October at the Hard Rock and even though it wasn't Sunday, they still had a regular delicious breakfast menu so we headed there.

Upon parking the car, we were greeting with this not-so-encouraging view.

I'm sure there was an elevator somewhere but we toughed it out and scaled the stairs.

And went inside to make our way down the stairs and back outside to get to the restaurant entrance lol.

We loved this chandelier!

We didn't have a reservation but thankfully only had to wait 10-15 minutes for a table!

At the time, there was a regular menu or a buffet and I'm happy we did the breakfast buffet as who knows when we'll be able to say that again!

I didn't take pictures of most of our buffet plates because they were ugly and just piled with breakfast food but I did take one of this beauty!

This came from the specialty griddle station and if you're reading my Fall report, you'll know I fell in love with it then and had to have it again! It's french toast with bananas, peanut butter and caramel sauce! YUM.

Once we finished stuffing our faces, it was about 11:15 am and we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and decided to take the walking path to the parks.

It was a nice, cool walk and we both enjoyed taking pictures of the gorgeous scenery.

We even discovered that the Hard Rock has a butterfly garden on our walk!

How cute are these planters!

Soon enough, the parks were in our sight!

An artistic shot of Kim's soda cup :rotfl:

We stopped for some Universal globe selfies.

And then continued on as we had plans in Islands of Adventure.

We got in the park around 11:40.

Any guesses where we were headed first?

That would be all well and fine except that I could not get the key to turn in the ignition no matter what I did. Naturally, Kim and I both started panicking and came up with two millennial solutions. Google the problem and call dad.
::yes::
Dad was pretty sure we'd lost our minds and didn't understand why we couldn't figure this out but google came to the rescue and it seems there's some kinda anti-theft feature and if you don't turn the steering wheel back to center when you park the car, it can cause it to lock and you basically have to turn the wheel all the way to the left and turn the key at the same time.
Fail! You called the wrong Dad. I would've been able to tell you. My Dad has had the same problem a couple times.
I'm sure there was an elevator somewhere but we toughed it out and scaled the stairs.
Works up an appetite for brekkie.
And went inside to make our way down the stairs and back outside to get to the restaurant entrance lol.
:laughing:
We didn't have a reservation but thankfully only had to wait 10-15 minutes for a table!
That's not bad at all. :)
It's french toast with bananas, peanut butter and caramel sauce! YUM.
:faint:
We even discovered that the Hard Rock has a butterfly garden on our walk!
I haven't been, but I know it was pointed out by a boat skipper once.
Any guesses where we were headed first?
Universal!!! What do I win??? Okay, okay..
Hagrid's?

How are you feeling these days, Courtney?

My car is like this too. I found out when I couldn't get my car to start to at work and I panicked. I also had a situation with the key. Normally I don't have to use the key as I have something that I turn to start the car without the key. My key fob battery died once and we couldn't start the car even use the key. We even called the dealership for help but they had no clue. It took my husband and I at least 30 minutes or more to figure it out. You have to put the back end of the key in the key fob for it to work. We explained this to the dealership so they know for when someone else calls.

Google to the rescue! I had to do this with my new car, the key fob wouldn’t work and my steering wheel was locked, ugh 😩 I found out never to put the fob in your pocket with a cell phone! It disabled the fob and locked my steering wheel.
I have heard very good things about the Kitchen breakfast.
The French toast yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!