hifs???????

skip

Mouseketeer
we are staying at hifs next week for 2 nights after disney cruise.my 2 questons are is there enough to do for 4 and 7 year old to do there to keep them busy without a car?and our there resteraunts within walking distance to hifs in case the food there get's old?thanks

There are no restaurants in walking distances.

We just came back from a trip and stayed there.

here is my feelign on the hotel and food...

Yes it is free. The wait staff will inform you that you are expected to leave a tip, as if we wouldn't, but that's another story. The nightly buffets (assuming you have the family value package) are free. However be forewarned they are just simply food. Nothing extravagent, nothing fabulous. I was not impressed. There is a little food court in the hotel just off the lobby which has an A&W and a Pizza Hut. The food prices are reasonable at those 2 places, especially considering that children eat free with a paying adult (limited menu for the kids free meals). Should we ever opt to stay there again, I would prefer to eat elsewhere not just at the hotel.

As for the hotel itself, our rooms were clean and well maintained. We were pleased. However, please be aware that if you intend on using the pull-out bed in the children's room, you will be better off using the sofa bed. The children's pull-out mattress was no more than 3 inches thick and even my 4 year old was uncomfortable on it.

One more thing... ask for a room located nearest to the lobby. If you don't have a car you could end uup with quite a hike to your room. We did not have a car on our trip and we had about a 5-7 minute walk to our room. The hotel grounds are enourmous. It would have not been an issue at all , except for the kids were absolutely exhausted aftet the parks all day. They just were whiney on the way to the room every evening.

I know my post sounds like I was not pleased. I was pleased. I just wanted to point out a couple of things that we noticed on our stay.

The pool is very nice. My young children had a ball in it. Also there is a mini-golf course near the pool too.

Have a nice trip !

:)

We just got back from a 2 week stay at HIFS. We DID have a rental van, but, I think that for 2 nights, there would be enough to do without a vehicle.Next to the great pool is a mini golf,shuffle board and ping pong. There is a pretty good playground too. In the morning there are free train rides around the resort. There is an Arcade. There is nightly family entertainment that my kids loved (they are 4,7,10). They have bingo/kareoke/magic shows/clown with face painting. Also in your room, you could watch a movie (we bought our own), or play N64 (we again brought our own games, but one day rented a game they'd never played before). There are no restaurants within walking distance. There is a restaurant in the hotel, that we did not try. (Except for the free breakfast). We did take advantage of the pizza hut/ A&W...for the 5 of us to eat lunch, it was $6.23!!!(We bought 1 adult meal, and 3 kids meals). There are taxis/shuttles out front all the time that could take you the short drive to the crossroads area for dinner. There you will find...pizzaria uno, chilis, TGI Fridays, McDonalds etc. Or you could taxi/shuttle to Downtown Disney...VERY close!!
Hope this helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter