• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

high chairs & pack n plays

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
... and other baby paraphernalia...

Can anyone tell me about the condition of these at DVC resorts? Brand/type? Availability?

Are the high chairs the old school restaurant wood ones?

Have you ever not had a request met, and/or in terrible shape?

Someone mentioned bringing our own mattress sheets for the pack n play, is this a good plan? Any other advice or any other baby gear they have available?

Both of the pack-n-plays we used (two different resorts) were Graco and in fantastic shape. Much better actually than the one I have at home. We did take our own sheet although the one they provided was very soft. We weren't sure how our baby would do in a pnp so we set ours up at home a few nights before we left and let him sleep in there. We also did this to get his smell on the sheet and so then once there, he'd be used to it. He slept great!

The high chair we had at BLT was the wooden, restaurant style. I just put a blanket down to make it softer.

I don't remember any other baby gear that was provided in the room. As far as availability, both the pnp and high chair were in the room already.

... and other baby paraphernalia...

Can anyone tell me about the condition of these at DVC resorts? Brand/type? Availability?

Are the high chairs the old school restaurant wood ones?

Have you ever not had a request met, and/or in terrible shape?

Someone mentioned bringing our own mattress sheets for the pack n play, is this a good plan? Any other advice or any other baby gear they have available?

Yes, the high chairs are the wooden restaurant style ones, with no tray, that slide up to a table. I have never seen one in bad shape but if you would happen to get a banged up one you can ask housekeeping for a different one. The pack 'n' play sheets are pretty thin so if you want nice ones you should bring your own. There are sometimes cribs available but they are small:

Has anyone ever been able to get one of the small cribs during a DVC stay? We got one last fall when staying on a cash reservation but were told they weren't available this summer on a point reservation.

Has anyone ever been able to get one of the small cribs during a DVC stay? We got one last fall when staying on a cash reservation but were told they weren't available this summer on a point reservation.

We were told the same. That there were such a limited number of them, they were reserved for cash reservations. I do wonder though if this varies by which DVC you are at.

It has been reported by some DISers that only the DVCs that are connected to regular Disney hotels have the cribs, so not SSR or OKW.

Any opinions as to whether the cribs or pnps are better for a munchkin far from home?

I'm leaning towards not even requesting the crib, just a 2nd pack n play.

twinsouvenirs said:
Any opinions as to whether the cribs or pnps are better for a munchkin far from home?

I'm leaning towards not even requesting the crib, just a 2nd pack n play.

I tried DS out in a pack n play at home before heading to Orlando. He did fine. Do you have one at home you can try out overnight?

We stayed at OKW in 2011 and requested and got one of the cribs. It worked well. We used the pack and play for our other grandchild. We also asked for and got bed rails. May request the bed rails again if we get lucky to get a 2 bedroom lock off with the youth type bed at VGF for next June.

Does anyone know if you can request a second pack-n-play? If we are in a dedicated 2BR, I believe there is still only one (probably two in a non-dedicated 2BR). Twin grandsons will be making some trips in the near future!

Does anyone know if you can request a second pack-n-play? If we are in a dedicated 2BR, I believe there is still only one (probably two in a non-dedicated 2BR). Twin grandsons will be making some trips in the near future!

Yes, you can always request another from mousekeeping.

The issue we had with the crib for our DGS was that it doesn't come with bumper pads. He was a scoocher in his sleep, and always ended up with his head on those rails. After one afternoon nap and one night's sleep we traded it for the pak n play.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter