Hilton Anaheim At Disneyland

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
i AM LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON TH HILTON ANAHEIM HOTEL AT DISNEYLAND. WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE IN JULY FOR THE ANNIVERSARY DAY AND ARE VERY EXCITED. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO EITHER DISNEYLAND OR CALIFORNIA, SO I CAN HARDLY WAIT. WIL BE VISITING THIS HOTEL WITH ONE OTHER ADULT AND 4 CHILDREN AGES 6 TO 14. SO AGAIN TELL ME ABOUT THE HILTON ANAHEIM. THANKS!

We styaed via Priceline bid (about $45/night) two years ago. Very clean, very much oriented to business and convention center travellers..
At the time ART was brand new and the staff were not very clear on how it worked and if multi day passes were available, they anted us to buy the ART passes each day and charge to room- I wanted to pay cash for them as room was already paid for.. they didn't like us very much after two days LOL..

The beds were just ok (Marriot across the street was better!).

Ask for upper level Disney view. You will have a wonderful view of DCA, Matterhorn and Castle. We were able to see a bit of the fireworks from our room (I think we were 7th floor - overlooking the pool?)

The rooftop pool and 4 (FOUR!!) hot tubs were wonderful! Pool is small but who cares when you can have a huge hot tub all to yourself each night! :love: They wash everything down each am and they have a small building with a staff person to give you towels .. can order drinks pool side (but they ignored us with our two boys running about the pool and helped only the single guy /business traveller).

They do have a breakfast buffet in the Oasis restaurant- it's not on the menu, it includes drinks that are on the buffet so don't order drinks from waiter and get charged extra to have them bring it to table.
The mini store and deli close very early in evening and open late in morning- not convenient for Disney guests.. If you need a bite to eat later at night, walk across to the Marriot which has a Pizza Hut in the lobby- they stay open past midnight and make fresh pizza for you while you wait.

Good place to stay for grownups but not very family/Disney friendly.

We stayed there last year in March. The hotel was nice in the lobby but the rooms needed some update. The bathroom was small and had very dingy grout in the tilework. There was a vent directly above the bathtub with a water leak so everytime we stepped into the shower, we had this annoying drip on the top of our heads. There was some brown wet liquid that kept coming up from the tile on the floor (really yucky). So we had to lay down towels on the floor to walk on. The bathroom really only fitted one person at a time, so with a family of 4, it took us a while to get ready in the morning.

We complained to front desk about the drips and the brown liquid coming up from the floors. She was polite enough but did NOTHING for us. They basically told us, what's the point??? All the bathrooms are the same. 'nuff said. We kept the room that we knew versus going to another maybe worse room.

The entire time, I wished we had booked the Anaheim Marriott across the street on Convention Way. We stayed there in 2001 and LOVED it. Yes the Anaheim Hilton looks impressive from the outside and the lobby, but that's really where it ends. Go to the Marriott!!!

I agree on the Hilton Anaheim. I stay there on every trip out - and will also be there in July for the 50th kickoff! Some rooms are dated and some are not - they all look alike when you are sleeping.

Regarding the poster with the grout/drip issue. The 2 times I had issues with my room, the staff bent over backwards to ensure that the issue was resolved to my satisfaction and then they called later to ensure everything was fine. They have a Guest Hotline that operates 24/7 that can be contacted for anything.

I've got 5 trips planned to go to DL this year and all of my stays will involve the Hilton Anaheim. I've not stayed in the Marriott, so I cannot say if their rooms are better - everyone has their preference and mine is the Anaheim Hilton.

Diane

I'll be there this Friday night for a convention. Is there anything specific you want me to check out for you? This will be my 3rd year hosting a large luncheon and so far the staff I have dealt with has been fantastic. The rooms are comfortable enough but if I had my choice I would choose a room with 2 queen beds vs. 2 doubles. DH & I - though neither of us is big prefer a bit more room. Also the hotel is great but the distance to DL is a bit to walk and we are impatient waiting for the Anaheim shuttle. I like the hotels directly across from DL entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter