Hilton Buena Vista Palace or Hilton Lake Buena Vista

Tink522

I am Gonzo!!!!!! Hear me roar!
Any opinions on which hotel is better, Hilton Buena Vista Palace or Hilton Lake Buena Vista? It would be for one night only, 3 adults 1 child.

TIA!

Stayed both, I would pick Palace.

Is it just a bed? Will you have a car?

I'm interested in this too. Looking at staying at one of these in 2020 when I take my best friend of 30+ years for an all-expense paid trip. She deserves it, and I'm working on Hilton points as hard as I can for the next year or so.

My gut is the regular Hilton LBV simply because I think I've read it's a closer walk to Disney Springs and that's important to us. The pool at the Palace sure looks nice though! Lazy river! Hello!

We'll hopefully be staying 6 nights, so I want to make the right choice.

My gut is the regular Hilton LBV simply because I think I've read it's a closer walk to Disney Springs and that's important to us. The pool at the Palace sure looks nice though! Lazy river! Hello

Unless you have mobility issues, the difference in distances from either Hilton to Disney Springs should not enter into the equation, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I'd say some rooms in the Island Building at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace (BVP) are probably closer than some rooms at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (LBV). Even if you're in the Main Tower at the BVP, you'd only looking at a few extra minutes of walking.

I've stayed many nights (40+ in the last few years) at the Hilton LBV as a Honors Gold member. I never had a perfect stay. Major issues included a broken toilet that took 3 calls and over an hour to get fixed, Housekeeping ignoring "Do Not Disturb" signs on multiple occasions, and being woken up by groundskeepers using leaf blowers before 7am. The staff response to these incidents was not ideal.

For me, I'll only stay at the Hilton LBV if the price is below $110, including the resort fee. I'd never consider paying the 50,000 points/night that they want unless it was an extremely busy time like a holiday or Spring Break.

As for the Hilton BVP, I've only had one experience. I checked out early after one night. Honestly, the room was the dirtiest hotel room I've seen in over two decades. That experience was at the start of their renovation (where they added the new pool). I haven't been back since that happened. If they did a deep cleaning of the rooms with that renovation, that's probably the better choice.

Finally, I'll talk up the DoubleTree Suites. I've easily stayed there 60+ nights in the past couple of years. I've literally never had a major problem. Any minor issues (toiletries not replaced, a broken in-room safe) were fixed with a single phone call. The staff is above average. I had a minor dental emergency once while there and the Front Desk was fantastic. Every room is a two-room suite. They did a room renovation a few years ago.

The major downside is that it is much further from Disney Springs. So, I'd understand why you might not be considering that property.

Has anyone recently stayed at these two hotels? Can I get some reviews? Thanks

We stayed at Hilton LBV 2 nights this week and were pleased. We were in FL to visit family but tacked on a couple extra nights to relax before our flight home. We booked the room on Hilton points the morning of check in. The pool and room were nice and clean and we didn’t experience any problems. The easy walk over to Disney Springs was super convenient with 3 kids.

The last 2 times we were in Orlando (to go to the parks) we stayed at The Bonnet Creek Hilton. Its definitely nicer and we felt it has an overall more relaxing feel. We would definitely stay at Hilton LBV for a non-park trip but would go back to Bonnet Creek for a park trip. I know no one was asking about Bonnet Creek but just wanted to offer a comparison :)

I will not return to Palace. I have never had a negative experience at Hilton LBV. Rooms are dated but have always been clean and as a Diamond I have received very generous upgrades. I tried the Palace as the rate at the Hilton was above what I prefer to pay for that location but lesson learned. The Doubletree LBV and Embassy Suites South are good options if Disney Springs is not priority. Most recent stay at Palace was summer and Hilton was October 2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!