Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

Glad you're vaccinated and things are falling into place! Hopefully all restrictions for you will be done with and you won't have to hassle with testing and quarantining and all of that!

Glad you're vaccinated and things are falling into place! Hopefully all restrictions for you will be done with and you won't have to hassle with testing and quarantining and all of that!
Thanks Liesa! Three out of five fully vaccinated now with Jack and Stuart left to go on Saturday. I will still have to quarantine for 8 days going down to my cottage (PEI will not change their rules even if you are fully vaccinated). Thankfully we will not have to quarantine upon return from Disney. All we need to do is test 72 hours before flying in each direction and test upon arrival back in Canada. Trudeau is announcing more information on the border in the next few weeks so I am feeling hopeful that we will see it fully open by July 21. It's time to get back to normal.

More changes!

I had an alert set up from Touring Plans for Oga's and CG and the Oga's one came through last night. Now I know that the drinks are expensive and pre-mixed there but I thought the atmosphere would be fun to check out. It may be an one and done for us but definitely still something I wanted to check off the list. The only thing with getting the Oga's ressie is that it conflicts with our ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby. So I made the difficult decision to cancel that and we will do a full Star Wars theme with lunch at either Docking Bay 7 or Ronto Roasters.

Then we had the happy news that Citricos is reopening with a subtle Mary Poppins theme. I adore Mary Poppins and am very curious to see how this plays out in the restaurant. So I snagged a reservation for Saturday night there which I think could be really lovely for a 21st birthday dinner. I still have California Grill on a reservation alert so we will see what happens. I feel like either one would work well though.

I had an alert set up from Touring Plans for Oga's and CG and the Oga's one came through last night. Now I know that the drinks are expensive and pre-mixed there but I thought the atmosphere would be fun to check out. It may be an one and done for us but definitely still something I wanted to check off the list. The only thing with getting the Oga's ressie is that it conflicts with our ADR for Hollywood Brown Derby. So I made the difficult decision to cancel that and we will do a full Star Wars theme with lunch at either Docking Bay 7 or Ronto Roasters.
Hard to pass up HBD, but... I think I'd do the same. Oga's is an experience. I know I enjoyed it there. Fun atmosphere.
Then we had the happy news that Citricos is reopening with a subtle Mary Poppins theme. I adore Mary Poppins and am very curious to see how this plays out in the restaurant. So I snagged a reservation for Saturday night there which I think could be really lovely for a 21st birthday dinner.
Very nice. :)

(PEI will not change their rules even if you are fully vaccinated).

Then one has to wonder why anyone would get vaccinated if we can't be normal even with them. (yes, to feel safer with a lower chance of severe symptoms) but honestly the entire point and narrative was literally, "The sooner we get vaccinated, the sooner we can all get back to normal.". Word for word that's what they told us.

Thankfully we will not have to quarantine upon return from Disney. All we need to do is test 72 hours before flying in each direction and test upon arrival back in Canada. Trudeau is announcing more information on the border in the next few weeks so I am feeling hopeful that we will see it fully open by July 21. It's time to get back to normal.
I am anxious for all of my Canadian friends as to what the announcements will be. So hopeful for you all and am just as antsy to see you all get to travel again unhindered.

Then one has to wonder why anyone would get vaccinated if we can't be normal even with them. (yes, to feel safer with a lower chance of severe symptoms) but honestly the entire point and narrative was literally, "The sooner we get vaccinated, the sooner we can all get back to normal.". Word for word that's what they told us.
I know...it is so frustrating. PEI is the only province in the country requiring quarantine at this point. They are relaxing the rules as of July 18th but I arrive on the 12th so I have to abide by the quarantine rules. It is a very small province with only 145,000 residents and they only have two biggish hospitals. So limited ICU beds etc. They have gone through the whole pandemic with only 2 hospitalizations and no deaths so locking down to such an extreme level has worked.
I am anxious for all of my Canadian friends as to what the announcements will be. So hopeful for you all and am just as antsy to see you all get to travel again unhindered.
As of today there are no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated Canadians returning to the country. Now we need to get rid of testing for fully vaccinated people.

As of today there are no quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated Canadians returning to the country. Now we need to get rid of testing for fully vaccinated people.
Correction. If you test positive, even if asymptomatic, you will have to quarantine upon return. You have to have a plan in place for that eventuality.

Believe me… I’ve been checking.

Correction. If you test positive, even if asymptomatic, you will have to quarantine upon return. You have to have a plan in place for that eventuality.

Believe me… I’ve been checking.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing that. I guess I have been assuming that it’s pretty unlikely (0.5%) to contract Covid if you are fully vaccinated. But you are right, it could happen and then you would definitely need to quarantine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts