• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hints for making a special Birthday at WDW?

r2boys&buzz

Earning My Ears
HI!

My son will be turning 4 during our next trip to WDW. I would love to do something special for him. Does anyone have any ideas? We are booked at the HIFS and he loves all of the Toy Story characters. I wish they had a character dining experience with 'boy' characters?!

Also, I am trying to make this trip special because I have Cancer and you just don't know what the future holds. I had surgery yesterday and feel like all will be ok... I just don't want to wait to make things special with he is older.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jen H.

Go to MK Town Hall and get a badge that will tell everyone that it is his birthday. Try to get a fireworks cruise either for Ecpot or MK they also have birthday cruises. Hope the trip is wonderful and all will be well with you.

You know what is amazing about Disney World is that you dont neccesarily have to do something spectacular. My family and I would go once a year, and it is truly my greatest childhood memories. It is all about your attitude and the amount of joy you put into the day.

One great thing about the "revamp" as I like to call it is that all the charectors are out - - I have seen charectors out that I havent before --

For Toy Story try by the resturaunt in MK's tomorrow land (it changed names on me and now I cant remember) for Buzz and Pizza Planet at MGM for everyone else!

Your in my prayers.

Do get the Birthday button from Town Hall in MK. Also, if you are staying on property alert the resort that there is a birthday in your familly. Some CM just may work some magic for you (it happened to us)

I will pray for you and your expected recovery from cancer.

We spent five days at WDW last night for my parents 50th anniversary. Everytime I booked a PS, I told them we were there to celebrate the 50th. Most restaurants did something--brought a special cake, sang. The best was the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. They have an incredible hostess with a booming voice. She stops everyone in the restaurant from talking and announces in this Ringmaster kind of way that it's Don and Joyce's 50th anniversary and everyone sang or clapped (we were all so overwhelmed I can't remember). Unless your son would be afraid of the booming voice, it was really great. All other posters' suggestions sound great as well.

Go to www.allears.net (or maybe.com?) and I believe under the "planning" heading there are LOTS of WDW birthday suggestion, including lots of great reader tips. Some people really go hog wild for birthdays!! I just today got the idea there to sneak a gift along to the restaurant where we will be celebrating a birthday, and asking a character to present the gift! Now, just what should the gift be??? I will be checking the Disney catalog later on today! If you are staying on-site, there are tons of things they can do at the resorts. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter