HKDL in October. When and how to buy tickets

ryankski

Mouseketeer
We are not staying on Disney property and I'm trying to figure out the best way and when to buy tickets to the park. We only have two full days in Hong Kong and will be buying a a 2 day pass even if we don't go back the 2nd day. It's only $10.20 USD more for the 2nd day and it will give us the option to even go for just a couple hours if we want. Currently e-tickets on the official site are HK$699 for two days with HK$30 merchandise offers and a free popcorn. We are going on a Monday & Tuesday the end of October so I'm not thinking it will sell out.

Do most people purchase them through the HKDL website or just get them at the gate? Another service/seller? I'm thinking about just purchase these and print them out, but curious if this is the best way? Also do you know if they are exchangeable for physical tickets? Just curious how others handle purchasing tickets. Thanks

For most tickets that you buy online, you can just go straight to the turnstiles and they will handle your ticket printout. However, I would advise people to just buy tickets at the gate unless they see a huge discount somewhere.

I bought the two-day tickets via HKDL website. There is no need to exchange tickets and if you have a smartphone, you can just scan the eticket in your phone at the turnstile. I think you have to exchange tickets if you buy from Klook. Register as a My Disney Fan at the HKDL website, you will have an extra $50 merchandise voucher. DD and I both registered to take advantage of this offer. When you purchase the tickets online, you can buy the 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 meal voucher at $10 off from $235 or $140 respectively.

I actually ended up buying the two day passes on the HKDL site last night. It was HK$699 for the 2 days with the HK$30 of merchandise credits and a free popcorn. I was an aware of the "my disney fan" thing. Oh well. I did have an issue with it being rejected through the Visa Preferred thing and had to call the bank which then put me on the line with a Visa Preferred individual from Visa who after getting rejected with her on the line did work some magic to get it approved. I'm still hoping to be able to trade my e-ticket for a physical ticket if possible, but won't sweat it if I can't. I just already have physical tickets for WDW, Disneyland & Tokyo and will be adding Shanghai in October, but again no biggie if I can't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!