HO-HO-HOLY GRINCHMAS...10 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT RPR..NOV/DEC 2018

Oh my goodness...….what a baby!!!! And how ungrateful...…..I`d have been mad as hell if I`d treated someone to that and they skulked off like that...….

I guess some people are happiest being miserable!!

I know we`re thinking of meeting friends daughter from the UK at Disney Springs this next trip or the next one......she works at one of the Disney onsite hotels and asked us to meet for a meal......now, DS has no real appeal to me, but we`ll go and have fun I`m sure, as it`s been years since we were last there. I have no clue what`s even there now.....but would make the most of our time there.

Yeah, he's a peach.

Wherever you go, your mindset has a huge impact on whether or not you enjoy yourself. My acquaintance was bound and determined to have a terrible time, so it was no surprise that he did. He still complains about it two years later, but he will laughingly admit that he should have gone to a bar instead of sitting in a hot car in the middle of summer.

Sometimes you do things that don't necessarily appeal to you for the benefit of someone else in the group. Sometimes they accommodate you. Sometimes, things legitimately go wrong. It's all about your attitude.

TUESDAY DECEMBER 5TH…….

We fell asleep quickly in the end and slept incredibly well, till around 2am when I was awoken by the sound of torrential rain......I got up without disturbing Tom at all and opened the drapes......I wish I had got a picture of it as you couldn't see the pool at one point. Even when it eased it was still bouncing down, and quite the sight to see.....I did stand for around 15 minutes just watching the rain...…

I do have a friend who doesn't understand I do love to watch heavy downpours......as long as I`m inside.....it is very hypnotic and relaxing at times......only thing missing is lightning. Now for that type of weather we are the epitome of tourists in Florida...….we do stand and watch...…..yep, classic tourists at times......

But, eventually I get back into bed and fall back asleep...….and it is a good sleep.

We as usual get up early, although today is going to be a bit of a different one.

Once we are up and showered we head up for breakfast as usual......and it is fairly busy again. You always get a lovely and warm welcome when you go in, and today is the same.

I go up to the toaster and make my toast and a man strikes up a conversation with me.....have no clue who he is but I chat back......he asks if we`ve stayed here before and the usual stuff......then he tells me he doesn't understand how anyone could spend more than a few days at Universal at any time of year...….I say oh really...…..he then expands with he`s not overly thrilled here and wishes he hadn't wasted so much money on this trip as none of them were having enough fun...

Yep...…I didn't have the energy…...or the inclination.

But, we honestly never get bored here, and although we don't spend all day every day in the parks, we do spend a lot of time riding and reriding and just enjoying the whole atmosphere of the parks.....and if some don't get or understand that......who cares!!!! We love it...….

So, we enjoyed breakfast and headed downstairs to our room......I sent an email to our friend who was planning to meet us his morning and walk to IOA with us......we were headed to the Christmas shop.....so he replied did now suit us ok.....it certainly was......so we went downstairs to meet him...….anytie would suit us as this guy is really incredibly busy and we so appreciate him taking the time for us. To say we adore him is an understatement.

Long story short...….Kyle went back up to the room as he had forgotten his park ticket, I chatted to our friend while we waited.....Kyle came back down and said the room key wouldn't work......so we all trooped up to see what it was and as we arrived so did security and a maintenance guy to fix it...….so our friend went back downstairs and we arranged to meet a little later......best laid plans!!!

So, as I had a couple of hours to kill, I did a load of laundry. The laundry in T3 is on the 2nd floor and quite hidden if you don't know where it is positioned......I never like the second floor as it doesn`t have any windows when you are at the elevators.....it seems very dark.

Laundry done and dried, we went down to the lobby to meet our friend again and we headed in to IOA.

It was a lovely visit to the Christmas store and we bought a whole load of decorations including three of the HE stocking holders for the mantle in our sitting room....we were pleased with them.....at one point though Tom heard the rather loud sound of an ornament falling and shattering into a million pieces.....and turned to see a look of horror on my face......he and our friend just laughed...….lol......Kyle meanwhile was like a chameleon and disappeared......of course he did!!!

The lady was there immediately to clear it up and I was so apologetic......at this point my friend brought me a basket to put everything in......lol.....nice idea!!! We ended up filling two baskets and were incredibly pleased with our haul from today...….and we had seen a couple of nice gift ideas too while we were there. They do have some lovely Potter ornaments in a glass case......very nice.

We all walked back to the hotel and it was so pleasant......we chatted all the way back and in the lobby said goodbye to him for now...we would of course see him again before we left, but for now we were heading off to drop all the items we just purchased into our room and then we were heading off to the Mall at Millenia.

We went straight to the Montblanc store when we arrived....Kyle was picking up the wallet he had ordered a few days ago......although when we went in the guy was on lunch and the other staff member wasn't in the least interested......so we waited a little bit and wandered into Williams and Sonoma...one of my favourite stores.

I buy a lime juicer and an ice cream scoop that could be classed as a lethal weapon.....it weighs a ton!!!! But we could be doing with a new one and a lime juicer is something I`ve meant to buy for a long time....the ones in the UK weren't as good…...no weight behind them at all....but this one is solid and sturdy. And very green.....no missing that in the utensil drawer...….

We wander back over to Montblanc as the man is arriving back from lunch, and Kyle is pleased with the wallet when he brings it out. He also got his initials embossed in the inside....not gold or silver, just embossed in so it looks lovely and not tacky as gold can sometimes be.

By now of course I was starving...….nothing unusual there...…..so we went into the Cheesecake Factory for Kyle to get a slice of his favourite cake to take out and we planned to go upstairs and eat in the food court.

The CF was mobbed. It was after 1pm and everyone seemed to be waiting for a table, but it is an incredibly busy restaurant at any time of the day.....we did manage to get his slice and headed up to the food court.

It is quite a nice food court here...….and Tom suggests we eat from the Chinese place......I agree.....I love their Bourbon Chicken......this is one of our cheapest meals on the whole trip......we can never believe how cheap it is to eat over here....even with the worst exchange rate for the UK pound in years......it`s still a bargain for us generally...….

We both decide on bourbon chicken, I opt for orange chicken and rice while Tom goes for noodles and general Tso chicken which was supposed to be spicy......I also covered my rice in hot sauce, which was hot!!

i-MJmdcqS-XL.jpg

i-WXNz3NJ-XL.jpg

And of course Kyle has his favourite cake...…..

i-wpn7Xjn-XL.jpg

They are all gorgeous.......for such a bargain meal, we really enjoy it...….and of course Kyle clears the container of Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake...….it is a very large slice you get!!!!!

We sit for a little while letting our lunch settle and watch the goings on around us...….sometimes we have a Haagen Daaz ice cream after, but today we have no room for dessert...….

The mall isn't busy, but we don't feel like wandering around today at all. I guess whatever is working on Kyle is starting.

We get back to the room and Kyle lays down in our bed for an hour...….we were planning to do the Parade tonight but tell him if he doesn't feel like it we don't need to go...….we can hang around the hotel if that's all he feels like doing...…..but he says he`ll be fine after a sleep.

We close the door to the bedroom to give him some peace and I start to iron. Home from home....

Domestic Goddess here..……..

Now we just wait for Kyle to wake up and see how he feels...……

More to follow...….

Your GIF's are Priceless, when that guy starts complaining about Universal and I saw the Karen GIF....Too FUNNY! What a loser

OMG - I am just dying reading your travels home!!! That is the absolute worst when you're so sick, and have to fly, then drive!!! I don't know how you guys did it! I was very sick right after one of our flights years ago, ended up with norovirus. Ever since then, I'm the most paranoid traveler ever - especially at the theme parks!!!

I'm looking forward to your 2019 travels!!! Super excited for HHN this year - getting ready to book for that this week hopefully!

Thank you as always for sharing!!!

Yeah, he's a peach.

Wherever you go, your mindset has a huge impact on whether or not you enjoy yourself. My acquaintance was bound and determined to have a terrible time, so it was no surprise that he did. He still complains about it two years later, but he will laughingly admit that he should have gone to a bar instead of sitting in a hot car in the middle of summer.

Sometimes you do things that don't necessarily appeal to you for the benefit of someone else in the group. Sometimes they accommodate you. Sometimes, things legitimately go wrong. It's all about your attitude.

Yep, attitude is everything......we always try and make the best of everything.....still, least he recognised he was an idiot for going sitting in the car...….

Your GIF's are Priceless, when that guy starts complaining about Universal and I saw the Karen GIF....Too FUNNY! What a loser

Thanks Matt.....good to see you again...….

I love Karen...….and I`m too like her at times according to Tom if someone is annoying me...apparently I have been known to be a little more than honest at times...….:rolleyes1

Yep, guy was pathetic.......::yes::

OMG - I am just dying reading your travels home!!! That is the absolute worst when you're so sick, and have to fly, then drive!!! I don't know how you guys did it! I was very sick right after one of our flights years ago, ended up with norovirus. Ever since then, I'm the most paranoid traveler ever - especially at the theme parks!!!

I'm looking forward to your 2019 travels!!! Super excited for HHN this year - getting ready to book for that this week hopefully!

Thank you as always for sharing!!!

Oh my goodness!!! The norovirus!!! I`d be paranoid too about that happening again when travelling.....dreadful!!!

Yes, when you think of how congested the parks are and what folks do....ugh.....sometimes I wish I could wear a mask there...…folks coughing and sneezing without covering their mouths and not washing hands....see it all the time!!! yuk!!

And fabulous for getting HHN booked!!! That is something to look forward to...…

Thank you so much for joining in, I`ve enjoyed all your comments and glad you enjoyed it.....see you on the next one...….:)

We got our pumpkin fizz and shared it between us......it`s too sweet to drink a whole one on our own, but sharing is fine......it`s so much nicer than pumpkin juice....or rather controversially in our mind, much nicer than Butterbeer which we really don't like very much...….the drink anyway, love the ice cream and fudge.

I'm not really a fan of pumpkin things..but this does sound interesting!!

The Hogwarts Express is a classic photo op..….the meet and greet with the conductor here is always fun......they do have wonderful characteristics of classic conductors of many years ago in the UK, and are always fun to chat too...….

This is the main reason why I want to go back to the Universal parks. Last time I went they didn't have this yet!

Hope to see you all for the next one...…..March is just around the corner.

Thanks for sharing your trip!! I enjoyed reading all about it!! I'm sorry about the sickies in the end, and it's too bad it put a bit of a damper on the trip for Kyle, at least you two didn't really get it until the end, though it must have been awful to be on a plane feeling that terrible! I really enjoyed reading all about the food especially lol. Looking forward to following along on this years' adventures!!

I'm not really a fan of pumpkin things..but this does sound interesting!!

This is the main reason why I want to go back to the Universal parks. Last time I went they didn't have this yet!

Thanks for sharing your trip!! I enjoyed reading all about it!! I'm sorry about the sickies in the end, and it's too bad it put a bit of a damper on the trip for Kyle, at least you two didn't really get it until the end, though it must have been awful to be on a plane feeling that terrible! I really enjoyed reading all about the food especially lol. Looking forward to following along on this years' adventures!!

I guess we`re not the biggest pumpkin fan either, but this is nicer than butterbeer for us.....but it is very sweet...I`d get one to share in case you don't like it.....Tom prefers the lemonade from in there.

Oh you are in for such a treat on your visit then!!!! I`m sure you`ll be blown away by it all.....

I`m so glad you enjoyed it.....yes, we like our food!!!! Being ill wasn't nice for sure, I think the plane was the worst part for all of us....Kyle had seemed to improve in the morning, then just went downhill later.....but, we made it.....

Thank you so much for the comments......and see you on the next one too...…..:)

Just finished up your report, wonderful as always. Poor Kyle and you all being ill, nothing worse than being ill on a flight or having toothache as I discovered last trip

Universal looks amazing at Christmas, nice to see the weather is still warn later in the year. I am already desperate for some sun after coming back last october

Oh we LOVED Kennedy space station as well, we felt like kids! There is something about space that is so awesome. We did it via coach and promised if we ever went back we would go by car!

Just read the whole thing start to finish! I've actually read all of your reports. They're full of so much useful information and reading how much you enjoy the club lounge is actually what made me decide to book RPRCL for our honeymoon! (Crossing all my fingers for a good AP discount to come out in a few months)

The pictures of food are always great and you guys seem to have similar tastes to us, so it's so helpful! I can't wait to try some of that chowder and the wings! And sushi on our doorstep? Yes!!!

This report also has me strongly considering heading over to KSC. We will be there for 6 days and have plans for Epcot for food and wine one day, but I think we would really like that side trip. Thanks for all that amazing info dfrom there.

Sad y'all felt crummy at the end, but you're so close to your next trip already!

Just finished up your report, wonderful as always. Poor Kyle and you all being ill, nothing worse than being ill on a flight or having toothache as I discovered last trip

Universal looks amazing at Christmas, nice to see the weather is still warn later in the year. I am already desperate for some sun after coming back last october

Oh we LOVED Kennedy space station as well, we felt like kids! There is something about space that is so awesome. We did it via coach and promised if we ever went back we would go by car!

Oh Matt, I remember your toothache........it is one of the worst pains to have!! Yes, we felt bad!!!

It was lovely at a Christmas, the days it was warm, it was really warm....but that one day......it was like a freezing cold day in Hastings!!! Yes, some warm sunshine will be nice right now.......

Kennedy was one of our highlights......no doubt we’ll be back again.......

I’m so glad you enjoyed reading this one.......:)

Just read the whole thing start to finish! I've actually read all of your reports. They're full of so much useful information and reading how much you enjoy the club lounge is actually what made me decide to book RPRCL for our honeymoon! (Crossing all my fingers for a good AP discount to come out in a few months)

The pictures of food are always great and you guys seem to have similar tastes to us, so it's so helpful! I can't wait to try some of that chowder and the wings! And sushi on our doorstep? Yes!!!

This report also has me strongly considering heading over to KSC. We will be there for 6 days and have plans for Epcot for food and wine one day, but I think we would really like that side trip. Thanks for all that amazing info dfrom there.

Sad y'all felt crummy at the end, but you're so close to your next trip already!

Thank you so much Tygerlilly (love that name)

I remember you now on the RP thread asking about Club Level........I’m glad you decided to go for it......amazing staff wil really look after you and your family! And honeymoon too!!! How lovely........

Tom dreams about that chowder when we’re not there......lol.......and yes, sushi is amazing!! I’m sure you’ll love your stay there, no doubt.

Yes, KSC is absolutely worth a visit......it’s a wonderful day and everything there really stayed with us even now.

I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed the reports.......that makes me smile.....and hope to see you on the next one too......:)

As always, it was a fun read. So sorry you guys were so sick but glad you're all feeling much better. Thanks so much for sharing. Ready for the next adventure.

As always, it was a fun read. So sorry you guys were so sick but glad you're all feeling much better. Thanks so much for sharing. Ready for the next adventure.

Thanks so much tammy..…..yes, it was a sucky time travelling home, never been so glad to get home....finally laying down on our bed was bliss!!!

I`m so happy you enjoyed reading it, it was a pleasure to see you post and comment....yep, look forward to seeing you on the next one too...…..:)

Thank you for another great report!!!! I love to live vicariously through your trip reports!!!! I'm glad you are finally feeling better. But what a way to end your trip. Gosh, I can't even imagine travelling feeling like the walking dead. As I posted earlier, a co worker had been travelling to Florida around the same time, and picked up a very nasty bug, and a few people at my other job got quite sick over the holidays.

I can't wait to read up on your next adventure!

Thank you for another great report!!!! I love to live vicariously through your trip reports!!!! I'm glad you are finally feeling better. But what a way to end your trip. Gosh, I can't even imagine travelling feeling like the walking dead. As I posted earlier, a co worker had been travelling to Florida around the same time, and picked up a very nasty bug, and a few people at my other job got quite sick over the holidays.

I can't wait to read up on your next adventure!

Thanks so much...I`m happy you enjoyed it!

Yes, much better now and looking back I`m amazed we managed the flight home at all......The Walking Dead is a very good description of how we were. Yes, there seemed to be a plethora of bugs and germs around at that time...so many are saying the saying thing around the same time...…

Thank you again for the lovely comments along the way....always appreciate it......:)

March Trip Report up and running for anyone interested...……

Thank you so much for your trip report!!! We'll be trying RPR during from Dec 15-18 for our first visit to USO during Christmas time. I loved all your lovely photos & descriptions of everything! I was sad to read that your whole family was struck down tho. My mom got pretty sick while we were at WDW in '17 for Flower & Garden Festival. I always appreciate your input on the USO menus thread & this is the first of your trip reports I've read thru & I look forward to reading more in 2019! Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your trip report!!! We'll be trying RPR during from Dec 15-18 for our first visit to USO during Christmas time. I loved all your lovely photos & descriptions of everything! I was sad to read that your whole family was struck down tho. My mom got pretty sick while we were at WDW in '17 for Flower & Garden Festival. I always appreciate your input on the USO menus thread & this is the first of your trip reports I've read thru & I look forward to reading more in 2019! Thanks again!!!

Well, thank you so much........I’m so glad you enjoyed reading it.......I’m so glad to read what you wrote......

You’ll love RP I’m sure, and the holiday stuff all round the parks and hotels is beautiful........

Yes, we did get it bad.......but still managed to have a fabulous time,.....shame your mum got ill too.....it’s not supposed to happen on vacation is it!!!

Thanks again for your comments, I do appreciate them.......and hope you enjoy other reports too.......New one is up and running even though we haven’t left yet.......lol.......:wave2:

Life intervened and it took me forever to finish this TR -- and I'm so sorry it ended on a sour note! There is nothing worse than being sick and having to travel through it. Thanks so much for your wonderful, descriptive reports -- I'm enjoying catching up immensely due to your practical and optimistic writing style! Really, it's just a lovely feeling to be able to immerse myself in your adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter