Hogwarts Holiday Show!

MandLBee

Mouseketeer
I'm so sappy and such a Potterphile, that I started to tear up when I read that Universal was going to decorate for Christmas, add Christmas foods, and LIGHT UP THE CASTLE for the first time and that the whole thing was going to start the week we are there! Tell me I'm not the only one super excited to see the Hogwarts projection show? I am not going to tell the kids, it will be such a MAGICAL moment for them. Eeeeeeeeeeek!

I'm so sappy and such a Potterphile, that I started to tear up when I read that Universal was going to decorate for Christmas, add Christmas foods, and LIGHT UP THE CASTLE for the first time and that the whole thing was going to start the week we are there! Tell me I'm not the only one super excited to see the Hogwarts projection show? I am not going to tell the kids, it will be such a MAGICAL moment for them. Eeeeeeeeeeek!

There's going to be a massive interest in this.........

It looks spectacular, glad to hear you're going to be there and see it.........

Yes, and it's why my kids convinced me to end the year at Universal. I will be taking pictures for sure. So happy, as we've never been to Universal at Christmas, only fall and summer. Hoping to hear more about exactly what extra holiday Universal will have.

What date does all this start?

Supposed to run November 18, 2017 – January 6, 2018. I love going to Disney when it's decked out for Christmas, glad to see Universal is doing this we are really looking forward to it.

Right there with you!!! We're at HRH 11/18 - 11/24 and I'm geeked out over Christmas in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley!!!

If you want a sneak peek of Christmas in the Wizarding World......

That sounds amazing. We just went to a passholder sneak peak of the light show last week and it was amazing. My daughter couldn't contain her exctiment. They really did an amazing job with whatever projection technology they are using. I would love to try the food and desserts!

That sounds amazing. We just went to a passholder sneak peak of the light show last week and it was amazing. My daughter couldn't contain her exctiment. They really did an amazing job with whatever projection technology they are using. I would love to try the food and desserts!

I can't wait!!

How long will it be? Is it just a little wave of the wand and the castle lights up kinda moment or is it a show? I'm so glad to hear it's good!!

How long will it be? Is it just a little wave of the wand and the castle lights up kinda moment or is it a show? I'm so glad to hear it's good!!

We have a trip planned down in December and this has my friends and I curious and concerned.

Will it be something that happens a lot or a show I which staking out a spot to in the small Hogsmeade problematic.

Guess we'll have to wait for more info or November to plan.

Either way too excited.

Well the one I went to was for the "normal" not holiday theme so I can'tsay for that one. But this one was probably 5-10 minutes(they left the last part on for a while after it ended). My wife video'd it but not sure if it was the whole thing. I'll try to check later to see if she got the whole thing. My phone is alwaus full so i just snapped a few pics.

That announcement was the whole reason we booked our December trip!! I can't wait. My DH hasn't seen diagon alley yet either, so it will be loads of fun being there for his first experience.

My son sings with the Frog Choir and they have 2 Christmas songs in the works. No date has been given for a start or end but I will keep my ears open and whenever I hear anything I'll let you guys know

After reading this thread and hearing about this wonderful event a few months ago I am highly considering using our airline credits to go to this! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter