Holidays are always so hard

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
I always get like this as the holidays approach and I have no one to talk to in my family, as they are going through it too. I hope it is okay to vent here, if not, please delete the post..

My aunt cathy died in Dec of 1998, leaving behind two young children..They are getting older and its so hard to hear them saying they miss their mom..I miss Aunt Cathy like crazy..There are so many things I wish i could tell her , she died when i was 14 and now im 22 and its hard..this time of the year is always harder for me.

Also this year, a 16 year old friend of ours died in May..I had only met her in January but my entire family got very close with her family and i still have a hard time believing she is gone (some of you may have read about her on the DIS, i posted about her when she was sick)..

I have no idea why i am posting and i know im rambling..im sorry..i just needed to get it out i guess

Come and post here all you want. The holidays are hard for those that have lost a loved one or are dealing with medical issues.

Just be good to yourself and try to take comfort in your memories of Aunt Cathy.

Thanks guys, i appreciate it..
I think the reason i was so "blah" last night was that i was watching the dvd we have of Alyssa (the one who passed in May)..We met her on a cruise in January and she wa s supposed to go on a cruise with us last week..so i think thats what got me

Maybe you could start a new holiday tradition.

Set aside one evening during the Christmas season and trade stories abut those you loved that are no longer with you. Things that make you laugh and smile.

It may be rough the first year, but maybe it would help.

I agree with the start a new tradition idea. I lost my dad very suddenly to a stroke, my brother 5 months later to cancer and my mom a year later to congestive heart failure. My whole family was gone, now just DH and DD. We knew we had to do something different so we stayed at Pop Century instead of at home and we went to Give Kids the World and served breakfast and dinner on Christmas day. It was the best Christmas! Totally different and just what we needed! My mom always taught me that the best way to stop feeling sorry for yourself is to do something for someone else. And of course mom is always right! We have been doing that for the past 6 years and wouldn't have it any other way. We do it to honor the memory of our family. It really does make you feel better. I'm sure you can find something, it doesn't have to be on Christmas day, a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter, they always need help. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter