Hollywood Brown Derby-Cobb Salad

dsnyfan608

Mouseketeer
Hi All—

This may sound like an odd question but does anyone know what kind of lettuce is used In the Cobb Salad? We are hoping it is not romaine.

Just came from the brown derby outdoor lounge. Had the Cobb salad. Amazing!!!!! Pretty sure is was romaine.

The menu says "greens". I would expect (as indicated in the previous posts :)) that it's romaine unless there's a romaine issue, and using the description greens allows them to swap in other leafy vegetables when necessary, without having to print new menus.

The menu says "greens". I would expect (as indicated in the previous posts :)) that it's romaine unless there's a romaine issue, and using the description greens allows them to swap in other leafy vegetables when necessary, without having to print new menus.
That makes sense! Thanks everyone for your input

Just came from the brown derby outdoor lounge. Had the Cobb salad. Amazing!!!!! Pretty sure is was romaine.

We were there tonight as well and had the Cobb. Sooooo good! Our second time this week.

I am thinking there are some herbs chopped up with the finely chopped lettuce/romaine. It’s so good!

Had it yesterday in the lounge outside. Worth getting in line before they open. Definitely romaine, best thing is everything is a fine chop. The cracker it came with was so yummy too.

We were there tonight as well and had the Cobb. Sooooo good! Our second time this week.

I am thinking there are some herbs chopped up with the finely chopped lettuce/romaine. It’s so good!
There are chopped chives in it. I was so very happy when our server asked if we wanted the full sized salad. With some shrimp & the suggested wine it was a perfect way to wind down 12 hours in HS!

I think it is a combination of romaine and possibly watercress. Have researched the recipe to make at home and the recipe calls for 2-3 different types that are mixed. Chopped very fine!

I think it is a combination of romaine and possibly watercress. Have researched the recipe to make at home and the recipe calls for 2-3 different types that are mixed. Chopped very fine!
If you made this at home did you chop by hand or do you have a tool to chop this fine? I dream about this salad!

Ah, gee, that's how they're presenting it now? It used to be on a plate, with diagonal does of ingredients cut or chopped pretty small. Or am I thinking of Cheesecake Factory?

Ah, gee, that's how they're presenting it now? It used to be on a plate, with diagonal does of ingredients cut or chopped pretty small. Or am I thinking of Cheesecake Factory?
I think this is the appetizer portion. The full size came on a plate. Huge & so yummy

This is the one you get at the outside lounge. Used to if you got the full one they would mix it at the table but we were there in Oct. and ate inside and I got it and they don't do that any more. It's still way too big for me but I loved the whole presentation it used to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!