Hollywood Brown Derby with Kids

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
So I know HBD is $$$$ but when comparing it to a buffet dinner character meal, it might be equivalent/cheaper. Kids meals are reasonably priced. Am I missing something? We have it for a Fantasmic package. Wanted Mama Melrose, but not available. Hubby and I like good food....keep it?

HBD is our go-to in DHS. We've had consistently good food and good service. We like the old-Hollywood atmosphere as well. Our DS has been going to HBD since he was 1. They have a very nice kids menu, IMHO. I would definitely keep it.

Can't speak on the Fantasmic package aspect but we have eaten at HBD both restaurant and lounge with kids and all enjoy it enough to return several times throughout our WDW visits. Our visits with children started when the youngest was 7 y/o.

So I know HBD is $$$$ but when comparing it to a buffet dinner character meal, it might be equivalent/cheaper. Kids meals are reasonably priced. Am I missing something? We have it for a Fantasmic package. Wanted Mama Melrose, but not available. Hubby and I like good food....keep it?

We love the food there. Our daughter enjoyed her meal. It feels fancy but you look around and everybody’s in their theme park clothes. Not sure how old your kids are but you can’t bring a stroller in there. We had to wake up our toddler and carry her in, and of course she was cranky after that, only thing that wasn’t so great. But I get why no strollers.

The Fantasmic package is a set price no matter what you order. I think right now it is $63 per adult and $22 per child at HBD plus tax and tip. I am not sure if that is the price you are factoring in when you say that the kids meals are reasonable prices.

The Fantasmic package is a set price no matter what you order. I think right now it is $63 per adult and $22 per child at HBD plus tax and tip. I am not sure if that is the price you are factoring in when you say that the kids meals are reasonable prices.
Oh! I actually didn’t realize it was a packaged price. I just thought if you eat there for dinner you get the passes for Fantasmic!!!! Got to look into the details more. Thanks! Kids are 8 and 6 and like steak.

Oh! I actually didn’t realize it was a packaged price. I just thought if you eat there for dinner you get the passes for Fantasmic!!!! Got to look into the details more. Thanks! Kids are 8 and 6 and like steak.

If it’s really $22 for children that’s actually one of the better deals at Disney that I’ve seen..

OK - so is there a special menu to choose from? Or the entire menu is free game?
Been reading about the F! package deal since you brought it up and I see no special menu requirement. What you read on the regular menu is what's available for the package.
Only thing is the enhancements which always cost extra no matter how you are paying.

No special menu that I'm aware of. Package includes entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

upload_2019-5-23_14-54-26.png

I did the Fantasmic! package at HBD last week (but there were no children in our party.)

You choose any entree from the menu. The best value, of course, will be the fillet mignon. It's a pity that enhancements are not included without exception; my mom would have liked the Cobb salad with added chicken, but she would have been charged extra for the chicken. Since the salad alone is only $18, and the package is $63, that would have made a very poor value.

We went with our triplets (then 7 years old) two years ago and we all enjoyed it.

It is interesting there is no select menu. I’ll have to think it through. The trip is so far away but I already want the vegetarian pho. But that’s $29 (something like that). Seems crazy to spend $63 for soup. I do eat steak and love it but I don’t want to only get it Bc it’s the highest value. We want to eat there anyway and having the guaranteed seat for Fantasmic is nice. But we’ve been able to get same day FPS for Fantasmic. Hmmmmmm. I’m ok with the $22 for the kids.

It is interesting there is no select menu. I’ll have to think it through. The trip is so far away but I already want the vegetarian pho. But that’s $29 (something like that). Seems crazy to spend $63 for soup. I do eat steak and love it but I don’t want to only get it Bc it’s the highest value. We want to eat there anyway and having the guaranteed seat for Fantasmic is nice. But we’ve been able to get same day FPS for Fantasmic. Hmmmmmm. I’m ok with the $22 for the kids.
We do the Fantasmic package every year and usually do HBD but the time isn't what we want this year so we are going with Mama Melrose. I will say that in my opinion the Fantasmic seats with this package are better than the fast pass seats and there always seem to be less people in this section so you arent so packed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter