Hollywood Not Prepared for Crowds

debdisneycruiser

Celebrating at Disney
While we have had friends tell us of how great their August and Sept trips were to WDW, our visit to MK and especially Hollywood Studio shows that DISNEY is willing to welcome crowds they are not prepared to handle

Our visits every year the week before Christmas is better than this week.

We visit annually for over 20 years. Worst visit for us

While we have had friends tell us of how great their August and Sept trips were to WDW, our visit to MK and especially Hollywood Studio shows that DISNEY is willing to welcome crowds they are not prepared to handle

Our visits every year the week before Christmas is better than this week.

We visit annually for over 20 years. Worst visit for us

Sorry to hear that. Can you elaborate or give a trip report? Thanks.

Agree 100%

I did a solo trip in July which was great because of the very short (walk on) lines, and then just completed a family trip last week which was brutal. I do NOT recommend going until they, at the very least, bring back Fast Pass.

We will not return until Fast Pass or Park Hopper. Not a good value for the dollar.

We are 25 plus annual attendees and DVC Members

Their declaring allowing only 25% crowds is inaccurate.

Having just returned - I agree the crowds are ridiculous. But I don't know why Disney would lie about the capacity.
The problem is not capacity allowed in. The problem is the parks ability to absorb the crowds that are there. DHS is a fine example of this...
The shows are cancelled - those are huge crowd swallowers. Half the restaurants aren't open, half the shops aren't open.
There is nowhere for the folks that are allowed in to go while waiting on their boarding group to be called > so they are distributed whereever they can that is open.

I continue to see nothing but negative reports on crowd sizes, especially HS. I almost contemplated not going to HS in Dec but thought how much worse it will be if and when Disney‘s “normal” returns. This will definitely be a park to avoid in the future IMO. Disney needs to think long and hard about crowd sizes moving forward. Apparently they don’t care. It’s all about their bottom line and has always been even before Covid.

Having just returned - I agree the crowds are ridiculous. But I don't know why Disney would lie about the capacity.
The problem is not capacity allowed in. The problem is the parks ability to absorb the crowds that are there. DHS is a fine example of this...
The shows are cancelled - those are huge crowd swallowers. Half the restaurants aren't open, half the shops aren't open.
There is nowhere for the folks that are allowed in to go while waiting on their boarding group to be called > so they are distributed whereever they can that is open.

I think you are correct. We were in the MK and DHS late September. Of the 2 parks, DHS was way better. Seemed to handle the crowds and the only real wait we had was for Tower. Lines seemed to move but the lack of dining was an issue.

I get the whole social distancing of 6 feet with the people in front and behind of you but then you are shoulder to shoulder with people as you walk past them in their maze of lines. They are trying to keep people safe but I noticed public water fountains open and thought - that can't be good. No way I am drinking from them.

Yea I’ve been to Hollywood Studios twice, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom once. Hollywood Studios was great on Sunday, but yesterday was insane. I assume that a lot of this is just hitting the 25% limit and the limited ride/food/shows right now. The wait time feel like a Holliday trip, but the actual crowds aren’t really all that bad. Magic Kingdom I actually thought was better just due to the number of rides available. Epcot was fine because of the food and wine. We’ll see how Animal Kingdom goes today.

The no Park Hopping isn't helping either. I know in the past we would show up to HS first thing to grab our boarding group for RoTR and then we'd check out to another park until it was close to our boarding group and come back. DHS has always seemed crowded even before this, especially in GE.

We are going the first week of December which traditionally is a much slower time, so I am hoping that it will be this time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter