Hollywood Studios Interest Thread

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Hey all. Jennifer has asked me to take over the Hollywood Studios page swap for her. She really needs to focus on family right now and I'm always happy to help a friend. Everyone please remember to send extra prayers her way!

So....who is interrested in this swap? I want to get an idea of how many we have joining and hope those who are interested will give me some ideas for the following questions.

1. When would you like to register for this one? It will be sometime soon....but do Mondays, Fridays, weekends work out best for everyone? Right now I'm shooting for the week of September 8th for signups.

2. When would you like this to be due? I'm thinking not until after the new year. With back to school, holidays and vacations coming up for many of us, I don't want to set this date so anyone feels rushed. Is January 15th too long?

3. We will keep these as 2 page layouts. Do those joining wish to sign up for 3 topics or 4 topics? There are so many great topics in this park ::yes::

Hope you all will join me for the fun! It's amazing looking at the two swaps we have already completed....these books are going to be incredible. Hope everyone has a vacation with tons of pics (either past, present or future) so these amazing pages will get put to good use. My DH shakes his head in exasperation as my list of needed photos grows and grows and grows.

I will get up a detailed list with specifics soon! Otherwise, have a great week!

Possible players:
Buffy?
Cassey
Michelle
Danielle
mssong85?
Jennifer?
Amanda

I'm on the fence. I'd really like to finish out the series but my mojo is just zapped. I will have to revisit after the kids go back to school

I would love to join but it depends on the the due date. I just have too much on my plate right now. I would need a long time and I think it would be unfair to everyone else who wants their pages sooner. If the due date is in January or later, I will be in.

I'm in! September sign-ups and January due date are good. Either 3 or four topics is good.

I'm in. September sign ups are fine with me and January due date sounds good.

I'm fine with 3 or 4 topics.

need to check my stash first...I'm okay with Sept and Jan dates!

nice you are helping Jen out Danielle!!!!

So happy to have all of you joining! I think the great thing about this swap is that there aren't quite as many topics to cover here, but the ones that are here are good ones.

I was putting together a list last night and we might have 2 topics each if we stay close to the numbers participating in the previous ones. If we have fewer people we may have to do 3 topics each, but fewer copies of them.

I can't find enough topics to see a scenario where we have to do 4 each (unless there's less than 8 or so of us.)

I will try to have specifics up on Monday. Have a great weeked!

I would love to join but it depends on the the due date. I just have too much on my plate right now. I would need a long time and I think it would be unfair to everyone else who wants their pages sooner. If the due date is in January or later, I will be in.

I believe that January will be the due date. We can set it for the 15th and then see where everyone is close to the date. If we need extensions they're always given. These swaps are for fun and no one should get stressed out with them.

We will be happy to have you join us if you decide to! :yay:

American Idol Experience
Beuty & the Beast Live on Stage
Citizens of Hollywood
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Entrance
Fantasmic
The Great Movie Ride
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
Indiana Jones
Jedi Training Academy
Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Lights, Motors, Action!
Muppet*Vision 3D
Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Pizza Planet Arcade
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Star Tours
Studios Backlot Tour
Toy Story Midway Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Mulch, Sweat & Shears
Animation Station "The Magic of Disney Animation"
Sorcerer Hat
Phineas & Ferb Movie Set

I have an odd question. I am thinking about signing up, but a few of the topics do not and probably will never apply to me and my family. What do you do with them? How do you not receive them?

I have an odd question. I am thinking about signing up, but a few of the topics do not and probably will never apply to me and my family. What do you do with them? How do you not receive them?

I don't think it's an odd question. I know I felt the same way with the AK Swap because I don't end up seeing everything. In fact I've been to WDW 4 years in a row and yet have gone on Rock n' Rollercoaster! What I found was inspiration and ideas for scrapping. Plus I have future pages to fill for my next trip!

mssong85 said:

You get them anyways, since its all in one group.

Sometimes you can use them for something else.

Sometimes I just give them to someone I know.

Hi. We would love to have you in this swap. The way these are set up you would need to participate in the entire group, which means you get all of the layouts. Personally, there are many of the topics that I haven't been able to use. Sometimes its a matter of very carefully peeling off the title and using one that is more appropriate for your needs. Sometimes I use or create extra pieces for the layout so that it will suit my needs. And sometimes I put them in a box and make a mental note about what I need to take pictures of so I can use them in an album. I may not ride the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, but there are plenty of photo ops near the ride.

I believe the next (and last) in this series will be the character page swap and that one will be huge. Depending on the number of swappers, there could be 5 or 6 topics for each person, as opposed to this one where it should be 2 or 3.

Hope you decide to join us. If you decide not to, I completely understand. This is one of the smaller park page swaps, so it might be a good one to get your feet wet. It involves making a lot of pages, but mostly that is just assembly line production.

If you have any questions....don't hesitate to ask.

I really want to join but am afraid I can't give it the attention it deserves. I will be on break between Christmas and New Years so...I will think about it.

Thank you again, Danielle.

I will be sitting this out afterall :sad1: have way too many other pieces that need to get used up first! have fun ladies with the swap!

I'm in. Since this is the park where my DH works I have tons of pics that we need to put in a book. The dates work for me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!