Hollywood Studios Moonlight Magic review 9/19

All attractions except those in Toy Story Land were walk on. I did ToT three times in a row and lifts were less then half full. Lines for characters were around 15-20 minutes max, except the "seventh sister" from Star wars was alone most night, probably because no one knew who she was :)
I waited 20 minutes for Chewbecca and Rey, 15 for Dart Vader, 5 for BB8, 15 for Capitan Phasma, 15 for Oswald, 3 for the seventh syster, 10 for Sweetums. Queued for Clarabella, but it was near the end of the evening and the line was going very slowly and I wanted to try to get a ride in TSL so I left.
Ewoks were meeting near the Star Tour and the line looked very long, if you're interested I'd say it's the highest priority of the evening.

I saw the DVC execs were talking with people near the Hollywood Brown Derby but I didn't talk to them.
I went to Toy Story around 11:30, did SS with 10 minutes wait (was listed 15 in the app) and SDD with 15 (was listed 30), which is a very fun ride but not worth much more than that. Toy Story Land was busier than most evenings at park close.

I think they got the number of people attending just right, there wasn't much to do, more people and it would have been a much worst night for everyone.

It was a fun event, I was happy to be able to attend, but not something to stress about. For comparison, Halloween Parties are much better with all the special entertainment, more characters to meet and small extras on three rides. I would not buy direct to have access to the parties, I would not book a trip to attend one. It's a fun extra but nothing to stress over.
Did you get any signatures or see any characters signing?

When you checked in at the resort did they check your reservation? Second what color is the wrist band?

We went last night and it was great. SDD showed a 40 minute wait, but 15 minutes later, we were seated in our car. ToT was funny, we were told we could stay for the pre-show or walk on through. The door was left open in both rooms. Same with RnR. Character lines were fine We did Sweetums, the Seventh Sister and Rey and Chewbacca The line for Oswald looked long, so we skipped it.

Last edited:
When you checked in at the resort did they check your reservation? Second what color is the wrist band?
We brought our printed reservation but they already had us listed in their Ipad. You get the bands right there. Didnt notice any particular color. Had a design on it with Moonlight Magic printed on it.

Some photos of the guide, vocher, wristband and T-shirt from the 9/19 event. Toy Story Land, still crowded, but I was able to do Slinky Dog twice with 20-25 min wait after 11pm. The rest of the park was pretty empty. I rode ToT at 9 with very empty elevators until my stomach couldn't take it anymore. I wonder if anyone went to the dance party at Indy. Were they letting people down on the stage area? Didn't make it over there.

Voucher front
Voucher back
Guide 1
Guide 2
Guide 3
Guide 4
Wristband
T-Shirt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter