Hollywood Studios or Legoland?

mojokitty

Earning My Ears
We are finally able to go to Disney! We are staying in a condo off site for a week. We are trying to decide if it would be worth it go to to Hollywood Studios since so much is closed. We have three boys (7, 5 and 3). They love Star Wars with a passion so I was thinking it would be worth it to visit Hollywood Studios. Now that I'm reading about it though, it seems like so much money for so little. Legoland would make them just as happy I think.
Thoughts?

I wouldn't miss Studios, even the way it currently is. Rockn Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours are among the best rides in ALL of WDW. Indiana Jones, Beauty & the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Muppets in 3D, are all excellent shows. One Man's Dream is terrific if you like WDW history. Fantasmic is a very nice nighttime show. There are some new things, like the Frozen Show, that I am looking forward to.

My family loves Hollywood studios and we spend 1 full day there every year. We have 4 kiddos ages 17,10,7, and 3. All of mine love it especially fantasmic! I have always been able to do everything we want in 1 day at this point where we spend 3 in magic kingdom. You will spend much less adding a Disney day to do Hollywood studios than going to Legoland I would imagine. ...not sure if that is a concern for you or not but once you get to 3 days at Disney it's much cheaper to add more days. Just a thought. Have a great trip!

HS is still must do for us. I would definitely go and do Jedi Training with your older two since they love SW so much. You can easily spend two hours in the Launch Bay meeting the characters and checking out the memorabilia.

We are big Legoland fans but I wouldn't skip HS, especially if this is your family's first WDW trip. With your kiddos ages, the Star Wars and Disney Junior attractions would be a hit. Even with all the closures, our family had a full day at HS this past March. If you can squeeze in an extra day for Legoland then by all means I would go for it; especially since you are staying in a condo and will have your own transportation. :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! It is actually cheaper to go to Disney 4 days than to go 3 and add a Legoland ticket. I guess we'll stick with the plan! We probably won't make it to Fantasmic. They are usually ready to konk out at 8.

You could do 2 days at MK and skip DHS. We always feel like we need more time at MK.
We're spending 2 days at MK already. I figured we would need all the time we could get there. We are skipping Epcot though. We plan on 2 days at MK 1 day at HS and one day at AK. We're having a "rest" day with breakfast at Trail's End and shopping at Disney Springs one day.

They are the perfect age for Legoland, you can get really cheap tickets (cheaper than a 4th day add on to a 3 day ticket - $35/each), and you might want a break from MK insanity/crowds...I'd pick Legoland over HS for your age group (and especially since they are boys - the younger stuff and stage shows they can do in HS probably won't appeal much)...

I am coming off as a wishy washy flake but I think I will go with Legoland over HS. They are at the perfect age for Legoland now. I found a way to get cheaper tickets (thanks for the tip TwoMisftits) which makes it even more economical to skip HS. I've also recently read about more closings at HS and I just don't think that my boys will enjoy it as much as Legoland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!