holy cow - florida weather is worse than Texas..what's a girl to do?

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
We leave on Sunday..

Last year at this same time , they predicted high in the low 70's...I showed up with mostly jeans & just about died as we hit high 80's and a few low 90' last year.

This year... I plan all these cute matching outfits with shorts .and 4 days away....temps show mid 30's to low 60's...

Florida..why do you hate me? I love your mouse, but can we just agree on a nice comfortable 75?

Thanks for listening... ...just having some fun, since I need to re-think those matching sleeveless shirts now with 4 days to go..

:fish::santa:

I feel your pain. We leave on Sunday as well and I’ve never had such a hard time packing for Disney. This is our first trip WDW trip outside of spring/summer, so it’s quite the departure from shorts and short sleeve shirts everyday. We currently have literally everything in the suitcase for this trip. Shorts, jeans, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, jackets, flip flops, tennis shoes, and sweatshirts lol. May as well be prepared for anything.

We are here now. I’ve been ok in jeans and tank tops or t shirts. Not really even needing a jacket a night. The last few days of our trip the HIGH is 51!!??!! I packed layers so i should be ok. My husband has shorts only!

We are headed to Vero Beach Friday and Wdw next Wednesday. Looks like lots of layers of clothes will be needed.

We'll be there for chilly weather, as well. We've experienced weather in the 80's through upper 30's over the years in December at WDW. One thing that I would stress is the effect that wind can have on how cold it feels out. When the temps are very above or very below normal, there are often strong winds blowing those fronts in. 45, cloudy, and very windy can feel much colder than a still, sunny 45 degree day. Up north, it's called wind chill. It was in the 30's up here today, but the wind chills (real feel?) were in the teens for much of the day. We plan on packing shells, fleece, sweatshirts, and mittens for late nights. We've been glad to have the mittens on several of out December trips!

I’ll take cold over hot any day. But I do understand having issues with what to pack.

We were there in January when it was in the low 40’s at night. We just rented a locker at the parks and put our layers in there as they were shed during the day.

I have a picture of my teenage daughter wrapped in a blanket the day we arrived as we were waiting for our first bus to our very first WDW park. It was cold!!

December is a wonderful time to visit. But you really do have to pack it all. An "average" of 70 absolutely means you can hit 50 some days and 90 on others.

FYI....... DLR was sunny and 75 all of last week. :teeth:

I'm so excited for these cold fronts. I wish all of December-February was lows in the 40's and highs in the low 60's

Going to Disney while it's cold is like Christmas morning as an adult for me

We were there last year the week before Christmas (and will be there the same time this year) and one day it was almost 80 and had one of those unexpected afternoon downpours, the next we were lucky if it hit 60, then the next it was somewhere around 70 but so windy it felt like 30 to this little southern gal. I wore jeans and just mixed and matched shirts, scarves and jackets. Thankfully we were staying at the Dolphin so we could just walk back to the room and get another layer. This year we are at CSR so I'm not sure what we will do but I know I'll pack layers. As long as it doesn't rain I can deal with the cold but cold and wet are just too much.

I'm so excited for these cold fronts. I wish all of December-February was lows in the 40's and highs in the low 60's

Going to Disney while it's cold is like Christmas morning as an adult for me

Sorry, can't join you there, I like the warm weather. I don't know exact numbers, but over the course of my lifetime I guestimate I've spent between 150-175 total days in WDW. I have literally never worn a jacket. In fact, the trip we just did for Thanksgiving was the very first time I ever wore jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I did it once, and felt really weird and out of sorts. The other 149-174 days I've been in WDW have been in shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Even the Thanksgiving trip, besides the one evening I mentioned, I wore shorts/t-shirt and brought a long sleeve shirt in case I wanted it...but never did. For me, WDW = warm weather. I very much hope this cold front passes before we get back down there in a few weeks.

ha! we're heading down this weekend...I have a variety of mix and match clothes packed as usual.... things I can toss on that can go short sleeve or long sleeve,and a couple of sweaters along with a rain jacket! you just never know....

oh a note to save your wallet.... if you're on property with no way to get off,and it gets cold, you'd better be prepared.... I've noticed that a t-shirt is kind of pricey, but a sweatshirt or gear to keep warm is astronomically priced! They know what most people expect weatherwise,and neglect to pack.... (like $10 for a pair of dollar store stretch gloves!)

How you feel in the weather is also very subjective. During our 2nd trip in 2008 we went in Feb. While checking into POR we noticed 2 teenage girls in bikinis walking around. This would not have been strange but people checking us in were all wearing full winter coats. It was around 68 F to 72 tops.

I know a lot of people complain about the heat when going to WDW in the summer, but we go every year at the end of August and one of the things I love is the heat and not just the heat itself, but knowing that all I need are shorts or skirts and t-shirts for the entire time. Never have to think about if I need to layer clothes, long pants or short, etc... I think I would lose my mind trying to plan clothing for a range of temp from 30s to 70s in a single week.

Came here to post the same thing! We don’t leave until the 15th but the extended forecast is not looking hopeful. The people who went our same week in 2016 got so lucky! I wasn’t holding my breath for 80’s but would love to just hit 70 each day!

One word: layers. We've been there this time of year and we've experienced everything from high 50's to high 80's, sometimes on the same trip. And don't believe the forecast before you go. Expect it to trick you into believing one thing and packing for that only to have it suddenly change on you two days in. Makes packing more interesting and can take up more space than you'd like, but you'll be happier.

Of course, weather that is too hot or too cold for how you are dressed is, for us, an excuse to spend more time in the shops, lounges, in the pool or hot tub, in a resort, or finding something to do inside somewhere. It's often introduced us to places we hadn't bothered previously investigate. But seriously: layers.

And the rain they're calling for. Cold, rainy Christmas Party. I'll have to double up on the hot chocolates tomorrow night. TOMORROW NIGHT! I get to say 'tomorrow night' in relation to Walt Disney World!
I am not a fan of cold weather, especially when it is cold and rainy. That said, I was at WDW 2 years ago around this time and it was cold and rainy and OH MY GOODNESS those wait times were excellent. During the early afternoon, my husband and I were walking from It's a Small World to Thunder Mountain and we only passed one other group of people. The park was dead. Here's hoping that if the weather doesn't cooperate, at least you might also have some pleasant low crowds during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter