holy cow - florida weather is worse than Texas..what's a girl to do?

Yea, this time of year you have to pack just about everything. 60's is still shorts weather though so you will at least get to wear some of them.

We leave on Sunday as well for a week! I've been eyeballing the weather and I'm just going to pack jeans, short sleeves, long sleeves, hoodies, and one heavy coat. It will be butt cold that morning when we fly out so I'm just going to wear the heavy coat. I've already decided I'm going to have to rent a locker every day to throw in the jacket, hat, and gloves for the night time. I'm always cold anyway so I will be a popsicle at night! We've always gone in April and October when its still "summer". First time at Disney for Christmas and cooler temps AND kid free!!

I am not a fan of cold weather, especially when it is cold and rainy. That said, I was at WDW 2 years ago around this time and it was cold and rainy and OH MY GOODNESS those wait times were excellent. During the early afternoon, my husband and I were walking from It's a Small World to Thunder Mountain and we only passed one other group of people. The park was dead. Here's hoping that if the weather doesn't cooperate, at least you might also have some pleasant low crowds during the day.

That's an excellent point.

I still don't like cold weather. :D

That's an excellent point.

I still don't like cold weather. :D
Well of course you don't. It's gross and yucky and makes it virtually impossible to go to the beach. And running, I don't care what they say, is a lot less fun in the cold than in the beautiful sunshine. And when it's cold and the wind blows or it rains it is 10 times worse than just cold which is already bad on its own... but maybe the shorter wait times make it slightly more bearable? Gotta find that silver lining, right?

We were there Halloween weekend and there was a cold snap. Highs were in the 60s with a 15-20 mph wind. It was cold! We layered all of the clothes that we had brought with us. We leave next week and it seems to similar weather. Long pants, sweatshirts, coats and gloves will be coming with us. The wind can be brutal especially in Epcot where it seems to whip around the lagoon.

60s is still shorts weather? LOL - not a chance for me. 60s is cold. Weather is so subjective.
Our days in DL last week started each morning just over 50 degrees. We wore shorts knowing it would be in the low 70's by afternoon. It was so funny to see the CMs in their full on winter coats. :laughing: Some of them correctly guessed that we were from the midwest.

It was amusing to get on the elevator one morning in our shorts and have someone else get on in jeans and Ugg boots.

I just looked at the weather since I'll be there this weekend. It says 38 for a low on Sunday :cold: This Florida girl is wearing a ski jacket at night.

I feel for you, I really do. I'm from Canada and when I leave it's roughly -25 celcius(-13 Fahrenheit) so when I get off the plane it's shorts and tee shirts until I get back on the plane no matter the weather. Enjoy your trip!
Me too! we arrive Dec 30 from Ottawa. It will be warmer there even if the colder temps stay!

I feel for you, I really do. I'm from Canada and when I leave it's roughly -25 celcius(-13 Fahrenheit) so when I get off the plane it's shorts and tee shirts until I get back on the plane no matter the weather. Enjoy your trip!
Now you're talking! And might I add I'm feeling about the 17 degree temp I woke up to this morning! :cheer2:

if you aren't used to it, then yes that is a cold night!
LOL definitely not used to it. I'm currently in a sweater at work (although it is an ugly Christmas sweater for work) but I'm happy nonetheless. I'm also trying to get over a cold which is going to be hard with the cold weather.

Sorry, can't join you there, I like the warm weather. I don't know exact numbers, but over the course of my lifetime I guestimate I've spent between 150-175 total days in WDW. I have literally never worn a jacket. In fact, the trip we just did for Thanksgiving was the very first time I ever wore jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I did it once, and felt really weird and out of sorts. The other 149-174 days I've been in WDW have been in shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Even the Thanksgiving trip, besides the one evening I mentioned, I wore shorts/t-shirt and brought a long sleeve shirt in case I wanted it...but never did. For me, WDW = warm weather. I very much hope this cold front passes before we get back down there in a few weeks.

Living in FL all my life the hot weather just gets so brutal and overwhelming. When I can wear shorts and a hoody at Disney, it's amazing and a nice change from sweating to death

I don't get the "cold" threads that popped up today... It's December, the average high is 73 so temps in the mid 60's is not out of the realm of normality. Pack a jacket and know you are not going to have pool days!

The average daytime temperature is generally around 23°C (73°F) whereas the average minimum temperatures drop down to 10°C (50°F). The average amount of sunshine expected per day in this month is for 7 hours. There are slight chances of rain in December, however it comes and goes quickly.

www.holiday-weather.com/orlando/averages/december/

I'm so excited for these cold fronts. I wish all of December-February was lows in the 40's and highs in the low 60's

Going to Disney while it's cold is like Christmas morning as an adult for me

I don't get the "cold" threads that popped up today... It's December, the average high is 73 so temps in the mid 60's is not out of the realm of normality. Pack a jacket and know you are not going to have pool days!

The average daytime temperature is generally around 23°C (73°F) whereas the average minimum temperatures drop down to 10°C (50°F). The average amount of sunshine expected per day in this month is for 7 hours. There are slight chances of rain in December, however it comes and goes quickly.

They popped up today because of the forecast for this weekend - highs only in the 50s - that's a long ways from the average of 73.

I got stuck in cold unexpected weather one week in December. I had one light sweater! My husband had a heavier sweatshirt. He let me borrow it for 3 days of 30ish weather. Poor guy, he froze so I could be somewhat warmer. We tried to find a nice weight sweatshirt (normal for Minnesota:), but none were to be found anywhere in WDW. Oh, they had sweatshirts, but they were all very light weight and made for teenagers to be fashionable. They weren't made heavy enough for that kind of weather, and they cost a fortune! I just couldn't bring myself to buy a light "sweatshirt" that would not keep me warm at all.
So, I froze with my husbands sweatshirt, and he froze without it, for 3 days.!!!
I will always, always pack heavy sweatshirts even if it calls for 80 degree weather. A good sweatshirt is hard to find in Florida, LOL!

LOL definitely not used to it. I'm currently in a sweater at work (although it is an ugly Christmas sweater for work) but I'm happy nonetheless. I'm also trying to get over a cold which is going to be hard with the cold weather.

I'm currently wearing my winter coat in my office at work (thermostat says 74, it's in the 40's outside), but I'm still going to be wearing shorts and flip flops in Disney next week. And also a puffer coat. :P

They popped up today because of the forecast for this weekend - highs only in the 50s - that's a long ways from the average of 73.

And also because the lows are predicted to be in the 30’s. If the forecast called for 70s & 50s, you wouldn't be seeing these posts.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts