holy cow - florida weather is worse than Texas..what's a girl to do?

We've been here since Monday. I have been wearing tees and capris all day. I was amused today to see the Disney stores rolling out the racks of $60 sweatshirts. If anyone comes without a supply of warm clothes, I saw cute Disney sweatshirts and jackets in the $20-$30 range at Uniqlo, Disney Springs.

We were there the week after thanksgiving. 5 days before our trip they were predicting high 60s with lows in the high 40s. Packed accordingly. The day before we leave, they were predicting high 70s to low 80s as highs with lows in the 60s. Thank god we checked and added some shorts to our suitcases because it was hot some days!! Highs got to about mid 80s and lows were maybe high 60s/low 70s the whole time! Florida is crazy!

We leave on Sunday..

Last year at this same time , they predicted high in the low 70's...I showed up with mostly jeans & just about died as we hit high 80's and a few low 90' last year.

This year... I plan all these cute matching outfits with shorts .and 4 days away....temps show mid 30's to low 60's...

Florida..why do you hate me? I love your mouse, but can we just agree on a nice comfortable 75?

Thanks for listening... ...just having some fun, since I need to re-think those matching sleeveless shirts now with 4 days to go..

:fish::santa:
I can top Texas... urgently Florida weather is colder than montana. It’s was about 50 with wind and rain today. That wind has a bite. I’m glad I brought those little stretchy gloves. Walmart has them for $1... they are $12 here

Florida is crazy!

Yes.

I can top Texas... urgently Florida weather is colder than montana. It’s was about 50 with wind and rain today. That wind has a bite. I’m glad I brought those little stretchy gloves. Walmart has them for $1... they are $12 here

December 2010, our first Wdw trip, it was colder in FL than in the Seattle area and anchorage.

For those in colder areas, the temperatures might seem silly to worry about, BUT it’s rare for people to go to theme parks and be outside all day when it’s 30 one even 40 degrees. Themeparks built in places where it does that are usually seasonal, and not open then.

Dh wears shorts until it hits freezing at home (he works in Seattle), but that 2010 trip he was near tears for illuminations bc of the cold wet wind whipping across the water.

Just got back from Disney Springs, I am from Maine, it is cold here..DS was crowded, lots of heavy coats, hats etc. waiting for the bus back to YC was painful. Hopefully tomorrow is a bit better...

I leave tomorrow and have been in shorts and tank tops our whole trip. Today was jeans, long sleeved shirt, flannel and heavy sweatshirt. It was cold! And damp! The sun only peeked out for about a half hour. Brrrrrrrrr
I loved it though, feels more Christmasey

I rather be cold than hot. We were in WDW in Sept 2016, OMG it was extremely hot. You can put clothes on, but when it is hot there is only so much you can take off.

Just got in today from New York. Soooo glad I decided to bring my puffer coat last minute. Definitely needed at Disney Springs tonight. I'm taking solace in knowing that at least I'm missing the snow back home lol.

We did Epcot yesterday and the wind was frigid. If you could block the wind it wasn't great, but ok with multiple layers and gloves. We did the 5:00 CP and as we were walking back around the world showcase to head out we saw so many people working their way toward the back with crying children. I felt really bad for people who weren't prepared for the cold. Disney had all the warm weather stuff they had sitting out and it was selling like crazy. Lots of people were buying blankets and wrapping those around themselves too. 55 doesn't seem to horrible until you're outside in it for hours at a time.

If only it could be like that December-Feb.

One tip I'd share is to get gloves, beanies, etc before going to WDW.

Few years ago when I was there and it was in the 30's or 40's, we all wanted some gloves and you couldn't find any anywhere. Checked shops off property and couldn't find any anywhere. Ended up going to Target and I just bought some baseball gloves lol. So now if it's going to be cold I make sure to bring my own from home.

But since then it seems like Target, Walmart, etc have done better with carrying gloves and stuff year round

If only it could be like that December-Feb.

One tip I'd share is to get gloves, beanies, etc before going to WDW.

Few years ago when I was there and it was in the 30's or 40's, we all wanted some gloves and you couldn't find any anywhere. Checked shops off property and couldn't find any anywhere. Ended up going to Target and I just bought some baseball gloves lol. So now if it's going to be cold I make sure to bring my own from home.

But since then it seems like Target, Walmart, etc have done better with carrying gloves and stuff year round

I will say I was surprised yesterday by the gloves I saw. I was only really looking in the main store at Epcot - but they had some really nice looking black gloves, hats and scarves - if I lived up north still I would have bought some for sure. Not sure if they had them in other stores. They did have "thicker" hoodies and sweaters out in most every store I saw.

It is COLD here now, so much so the main pool at Old Key West closed early last night and will tonight too for cold weather. This morning I left the resort in a thermal long sleeve base layer, a sweater over that, a sweatshirt jacket over that and a windbreaker over that. Same with everyone in our party. And we are from Seattle where we are used coldish weather. Last night we saw so many Disney blankets.....lots of people looking like they didn't expect to be frozen in Florida.

For people from cold climates, beware FL 40-50 degree weather. I grew up in WI and live in IL. No stranger to cold but FL has damp cold. Really damp cold. If the wind blows at all it can be much worse than those temps dry. A FL native now living in IL warned me and I totally blew it off as ridiculous only to learn the hard way.

Here now, from MN and glad I brought my "light" winter coat and stocking cap! It's cold! Cannot believe the number of people in shorts! Although to be fair if it were the first spring day @50 at home, I'd probably be in shorts too.

Here now, and can count on both hands the few people we saw all day in shorts/short sleeves, and believe they may have been trying to look 'tuff' but they only looked cold to me!!

Yesterday and today have been very cold with the winds blowing so hard. Even with layers and scarves, some with gloves, and many with hats, it was still cold. Almost everyone I saw was bundled up.

Rained hard Friday night into Sat. with wind. Told dh, guess we brought this one here. Our last time for Disney in Dec. was in 2010, and we nearly froze that time also. We both say 'no more' to winter here - we're unlucky!

The rest of this week is cold nights and days. If the wind would be calm and the sun shining, it would not be so bad, but don't see that yet!

@OtherFigment, doubt under the same circumstances - cold, damp, high humidity, gusty winds to 20mph - you would be in shorts in MN either!! We're talking two different climates here!

I'll be there next weekend. Please save some cold weather for me. Checking the weather everyday and get disappointed with every degree I see next weekend go up

I'll be there next weekend. Please save some cold weather for me. Checking the weather everyday and get disappointed with every degree I see next weekend go up

I would gladly have swapped this cold, damp, windy weather for the low 80's we had last week until this 'cold blast' moved in. You could have it - and enjoy it if that's your thing!! Me, I'll take nice calm, warm pleasant weather to enjoy the parks. Hate bundling up while trying to have fun.

The worst part was wearing all the warm layers of clothes then entering the attractions and some were so warm...I can’t imagine sweating under 4 layers then heading back outside is good for my health. Oh well home tomorrow and prepare for another snowstorm. Ugh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter