14kparker

Earning My Ears
Can’t decide..
Homecoming or Artist Point for dinner on our last day? We’ve never been to either place.

That's tough because they're completely different experiences!

If you want characters and/or a fantasy-type setting, definitely Artist Point. The menu is much more limited so if you have picky eaters look at what's available and make sure everyone would be happy with the choices. With the characters and classic Disney-esque theming, it might make a good last night dinner so you can soak up the stuff that makes Disney special.

If you want a LOT of really good, southern comfort food in a relaxing atmosphere, go for Homecoming. Homecoming is one of my personal fave restaurants in all of WDW.

That's tough because they're completely different experiences!

If you want characters and/or a fantasy-type setting, definitely Artist Point. The menu is much more limited so if you have picky eaters look at what's available and make sure everyone would be happy with the choices. With the characters and classic Disney-esque theming, it might make a good last night dinner so you can soak up the stuff that makes Disney special.

If you want a LOT of really good, southern comfort food in a relaxing atmosphere, go for Homecoming. Homecoming is one of my personal fave restaurants in all of WDW.
Yes I should add. It’s two adults, so character theming isn’t a priority. My husband is a picky eater, so homecoming may be a better option for us.

My husband is a picky eater, so homecoming may be a better option for us.
I'm a semi-picky eater and there are several things at Artist Point that I wouldn't eat. But at Homecoming it's mostly comfort food, so good options for picky eaters!

I vote for Homecoming also. We went to both on our last trip. Different experiences. Felt a little rushed at Artist Point. Limited menu. We enjoyed our entrees there. But we’ve enjoyed everything we’ve had at Homecoming over several visits.

I have not been to Homecoming, and have no interest because I live in the South.But I will say, we did Artist Point around Christmas and were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, given that so many dog the food. That said, since it is two adults and your husband is a picky eater, you may be happier at Homecoming.

Another vote for Homecomin. We stay at VWL often and have yet to try Storybook Dining at Artist Point. I keep making reservations for it and then cancelling for another option... We love Homecomin- food is great!

We did both on our last trip, and as a Snow White fan, I absolutely loved both experiences. However, as a restaurant that’s more universal in its appeal, I’d go with Homecomin. The service and food there were both amazing! We ordered three appetizers, three entrees, and three drinks, and it was probably twice the amount of food as Artist Point and much cheaper. I still dream about the shrimp cocktail and macaroni and cheese.

Artist Point before they went the character route was very good with some different items. However after that I would say Homecoming as food is great and plentiful. Drinks and desserts great. You will not leave filling empty that is for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!