Honeymooning on the Fantasy SWDAS *COMPLETED 3/7*

January 11th - Last Day of Cruise

upload_2019-3-7_7-18-37.png

I was starting to feel pretty sick at this point and wanted to rush through dinner. I don't think the cold water had helped me any.

upload_2019-3-7_7-19-33.png

I got the Garlic and Parsley Sauteed Shrimp on Jambalaya Rice. I thought these were really good. Our server brought me two, even though I didn't ask for extra. I know they are trying to be sweet and think I'll want more, but all the extra food was a bit much for me and I really didn't like it.

upload_2019-3-7_7-21-11.png

For my main course I got the Portobello Pasta. This was just okay, I liked the filling inside the pasta more than anything.

upload_2019-3-7_7-22-8.png

DH got the Turbo, which he enjoyed. But we've had the Turbo at Victoria and Albert's so it's hard to live up to that dish.

upload_2019-3-7_7-23-13.png

SURPRISE!

Reactions: DLo

I didn't mean to post that last post I think I hit the wrong button.

Let me try this again.

upload_2019-3-7_7-24-23.png

SURPRISE!

Our server brought out my favorite dish one last time. Having it all week was a little much, but it is still my favorite dish on the ship and it was really awesome she was able to get this for me the entire cruise.

upload_2019-3-7_7-25-38.png

Another surprise, they brought out this dessert and our serving team and head waiter came by to congratulate us on celebrating our honeymoon. It was very sweet.

upload_2019-3-7_7-26-22.png

I just had to try the Creme Brulee Cheesecake

upload_2019-3-7_7-26-54.png

This. Was. Delicious. You must try it when you are in this restaurant with this menu. It was probably my favorite dessert all cruise.

upload_2019-3-7_7-27-38.png

I have no clue which dessert this is, even reading the descriptions on the menu. DH liked it, we both liked the decorative S since our last name starts with that letter so that was cute.

upload_2019-3-7_7-28-34.png

The restaurant transforms as the meal goes on to look light night time. It is a very pretty restaurant.

upload_2019-3-7_7-30-51.png

One last shot of the restaurant as we were walking out.

upload_2019-3-7_7-31-27.png

The entrance to the concierge cabins.

I wasn't feeling up to going to the show, but we did watch it on the TV. I didn't like it. The story line seemed weird to me and although I liked the Disney numbers I didn't feel like any of it went together. Not really sad I didn't make it to the live performance.

upload_2019-3-7_7-32-36.png

Our cute little penguin towel animal.

upload_2019-3-7_7-33-16.png

Here was the info the Castaway Cay weather. I think it was closer to the 68 degrees than the 72, but either way it was a cold day to go into the ocean.

Continued next post...

Reactions: DLo

We've reached my last post for the cruise. :guilty:

upload_2019-3-7_7-34-58.png

I took a bath in the bath tub, hoping it would help my cold. These were the control buttons for the Jacuzzi that really made it feel like a hot tub.

I asked DH for another ice cream, but when we checked the time it was one minute to closing so I couldn't have one.

My least favorite part about cruising is the very last day when you have to wake up super early to get off the ship. We had told our serving team that we would be making it to breakfast. 6:15am is way too early for me to eat.

The Concierge team told us to meet them in the lounge and they would be helping people with getting off the ship and avoiding the lines. We thought we'd have a little more time to eat in there, but when we walked in they were getting ready to leave so we didn't end up having any breakfast.

Andy, the Concierge host, was calling elevators and using his little handy card that locks the elevator so it goes directly to the floor you want. It took about three full elevators before we got on one. We were then lead around the long line of people getting off the ship to an express exit.

upload_2019-3-7_7-39-19.png

As we were in line to scan our cards to officially be off the ship I think the machines broke. I'm not really sure, but they ended up having every stop and wait. They said it was a customs thing, but the computers weren't reading the cards and eventually they just started writing down names and room numbers to get people through, so that was an unexpected delay.

We found our bags quickly and then the line to customs moved fast. We had a number to call for the hotel shuttle and he arrived within about 10 minutes.

We had a wonderful honeymoon cruise and I'm so happy we got to celebrate with Disney, they definitely made it more magical. It was such a fun time and I loved sailing on the Fantasy for the first time. I'll definitely be going back in the future.

I booked another Disney cruise to Norway in 2020. If we end up sailing I'll write a trip report for it. The trip is a little tentative right now, we are trying for a baby so it will really depend on if I have a baby in time to sail or not be too pregnant or having the baby during the cruise. I'm excited for the next year though :)

Thank you everyone for reading along. It was really fun reliving my trip and sharing with all of you.

upload_2019-3-7_7-44-20.png

We got home to my lovely cat Remmi. She was very happy we were back home.

See you next time :wave2:

View attachment 386926

I have no clue which dessert this is, even reading the descriptions on the menu. DH liked it, we both liked the decorative S since our last name starts with that letter so that was cute.

That's the strawberry and cream tower. Which I only know because the Black Forest Tower in the Rapunzel restaurant on the Magic is identical except for the cake thing being brown instead of red.

That's the strawberry and cream tower. Which I only know because the Black Forest Tower in the Rapunzel restaurant on the Magic is identical except for the cake thing being brown instead of red.
Thanks! I didn't try any of it so I couldn't remember. That's funny they have the same dessert just presented a little differently.

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing and I have to agree that your cat is lovely!
Thank you for reading along :) And Remmi thanks you :)

I've enjoyed reading about your trip, looking forward to your next one, I know it will be awhile before your next cruise. Beautiful kitty. Our cat usually follows me around and meows non-stop whenever we return from a trip. Last time I picked her up from the kitty "resort" she just looked at me like "I'm comfy here, come back after my nap".

I've enjoyed reading about your trip, looking forward to your next one, I know it will be awhile before your next cruise. Beautiful kitty. Our cat usually follows me around and meows non-stop whenever we return from a trip. Last time I picked her up from the kitty "resort" she just looked at me like "I'm comfy here, come back after my nap".
Thank you for reading I'm glad you liked it! There will definitely be another trip report, but unless we book something last minute it will probably be our Norway cruise next year. Your cat acts just like our cat! She is such a talker. It's good your cat liked being boarded, Remmi isn't a big fan and will howl all the way there.

Loved the report! Thanks for sharing!

We will be boarding the Fantasy two weeks from today. Of course, we are boarding with no individual toiletries, no Navigators left in our room, and no Aladdin. We're going to try to make the best of it anyway, sigh.

Loved the report! Thanks for sharing!

We will be boarding the Fantasy two weeks from today. Of course, we are boarding with no individual toiletries, no Navigators left in our room, and no Aladdin. We're going to try to make the best of it anyway, sigh.
Thank you for reading! I heard about all those changes, that stinks, but I'm sure you'll still have a good time. For the navigators I've heard you can request them from your room steward and they might get them for you. A good time to swim in the pools are during the show when most people are busy at dinner or the show. Maybe on the night Aladdin would have been shown you could go do that instead?

For the navigators I've heard you can request them from your room steward and they might get them for you.

I'm definitely going to ask. If not, I guess I'll be the dedicated runner to GS every night…so magical.

A good time to swim in the pools are during the show when most people are busy at dinner or the show. Maybe on the night Aladdin would have been shown you could go do that instead?

I wish I wasn't feeling as bummed about this as I am. I even wrote to DCL and got a very canned response about the other great entertainment on-board. But ya know what, if I go to NYC to see a Broadway show, I expect to see a broadway show, not a comedian or a ventriloquist.

Maybe we will just skip whatever show is replacing it and do the Aquaduck at night, like you said. We've never really done that and I don't think I'll be happy with whatever replaced Aladdin anyway, no matter how great it is…it's not Aladdin :sad1:

I'm definitely going to ask. If not, I guess I'll be the dedicated runner to GS every night…so magical.
I think if you ask they'll deliver it to your room. The Guest Services desk is near where all the MDRs are so you could pick it up after dinner if not, not too far out of the way.

I wish I wasn't feeling as bummed about this as I am. I even wrote to DCL and got a very canned response about the other great entertainment on-board. But ya know what, if I go to NYC to see a Broadway show, I expect to see a broadway show, not a comedian or a ventriloquist.

Maybe we will just skip whatever show is replacing it and do the Aquaduck at night, like you said. We've never really done that and I don't think I'll be happy with whatever replaced Aladdin anyway, no matter how great it is…it's not Aladdin :sad1:
I know it sucks when this kind of thing happens. Try and remember you're going on a cruise and going to have a fabulous time, don't let this get you down! You don't have to go to their replacement show, there are definitely other things to do during it. The pools will also be close to empty or empty so that would be really nice for swimming since they are usually packed with people.

I know it sucks when this kind of thing happens. Try and remember you're going on a cruise and going to have a fabulous time, don't let this get you down! You don't have to go to their replacement show, there are definitely other things to do during it. The pools will also be close to empty or empty so that would be really nice for swimming since they are usually packed with people.

Thank you! I'm sure we'll still have a great trip and I guess I should be glad I found out about this before we board because at least I have some time to stew and hopefully get over it before we go.

Have you ever heard of this kind of thing happening before?

Thank you! I'm sure we'll still have a great trip and I guess I should be glad I found out about this before we board because at least I have some time to stew and hopefully get over it before we go.

Have you ever heard of this kind of thing happening before?
Not this exactly, no. But when they have switched over to new shows they do have a few months where they have a temporary show set up before the new one comes on board. There is usually a little more notice? But not really sure. I know people were upset when Beauty and the Beast was coming and there was a gap in shows when they stopped the old show and the new one wasn't on board yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!