Hoop De Doo DVC Discount

bigsmooth

Mouseketeer
The last time we went to WDW we went to the 9:30pm Hoop De Doo show with a 20% DVC discount. At some point last year they switched the discount to 10%.

I was just checking the site today and it apparently is back to 20% again for the 9:30pm show. They may have done that a while back and everyone here may know this already (I'm usually the last to know these things, which is why I come here), but worth pointing out for anyone planning a Hoop De Doo show in the near future. With the discount, this is a pretty good price. It would not be worth it do use the dining plan for the show (since it takes 2 table service credits).

do you know how much it would break down then for tickets for adults or kids with the DVC discount? thanks-we are actually doing the HDDR this summer and were just going to use the TS credits but maybe we will just pay for it instead. thanks again...

The regular adult price for Hoop-De-Doo ranges from 58.99 (including tax and gratuity) to $50.99 (including tax and gratuity), depending on where you are seated. Kids (3-9) prices range from $29.99 to $25.99.

I don't know if all 3 seating categories are eligible for the 20% discount. I'm sure the CMs at WDW-DINE can answer that for you.

do you know how much it would break down then for tickets for adults or kids with the DVC discount? thanks-we are actually doing the HDDR this summer and were just going to use the TS credits but maybe we will just pay for it instead. thanks again...
With very limited exceptions, none of the dinner shows or signatures will yield a good value with the DDP assuming everyone in the party is using the plan for a meal. You will almost always come out ahead using cash for those options. That's especially true when you consider other discount options such as the AP, DVC and DDE. However, one needs to look at the DDP as a whole. If you get the DDP and use it appropriately for most options that are a better value and break even on a signature or dinner show, it still make be a good deal for you, esp. if you have credits you will need to use or lose.

With very limited exceptions, none of the dinner shows or signatures will yield a good value with the DDP assuming everyone in the party is using the plan for a meal. You will almost always come out ahead using cash for those options. That's especially true when you consider other discount options such as the AP, DVC and DDE. However, one needs to look at the DDP as a whole. If you get the DDP and use it appropriately for most options that are a better value and break even on a signature or dinner show, it still make be a good deal for you, esp. if you have credits you will need to use or lose.

thanks-while I do admit it is a bad use of 2 credits...in a way I like it because at the end of a long trip I just can't handle huge meals everyday. It's like this--I like the DDP a lot but I have found that the way it works best for me is to move it around a little and all. thanks everybody!

I am pretty sure all of the discounts are for catergory 2 and 3 seatings. Catergory 1 seating is for those willing to pay full price, or at least what I was told.

you can use the DVC discount on tier 1 seating for HDDR. We did that this past March when we went, and in fact we got a table that was front row center! Of course we went on a Sunday night at the 930 show, and it was probably only 1/4 full, but it was great! I will definately do it again! Enjoy!

you can use the DVC discount on tier 1 seating for HDDR. We did that this past March when we went, and in fact we got a table that was front row center! Of course we went on a Sunday night at the 930 show, and it was probably only 1/4 full, but it was great! I will definately do it again! Enjoy!
We did the same Jan, 2006, but it was not crowded at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter