Hoop De Doo- Wow, was I pleasantly surprised!

sunsetbeachgal

DIS Veteran
On our recent trip we decided to splurge on one of the dinner shows. I wanted the Polynesian luau but hubby wanted to go to Hoop De Doo. We had gone to Hoop De Doo years ago so he won for old times sake!

I was so pleasantly surprised and would highly recommend. First of all, we had a car and were staying at French Quarter so it was very easy to drive to Fort Wilderness then park and get the internal bus. The food was delicious and plentiful. Salad, ribs, chicken, side dishes, strawberry shortcake, etc. I had read on these boards to ask the waiter for macaroni and cheese, and am glad I did, it was great. And we enjoyed the sangria (or beer, wine, soft drinks) which was included with the price and our waiter made sure our glasses weren’t empty!

The show and the performers were so much fun. It really was a memorable evening!

On our recent trip we decided to splurge on one of the dinner shows. I wanted the Polynesian luau but hubby wanted to go to Hoop De Doo. We had gone to Hoop De Doo years ago so he won for old times sake!

I was so pleasantly surprised and would highly recommend. First of all, we had a car and were staying at French Quarter so it was very easy to drive to Fort Wilderness then park and get the internal bus. The food was delicious and plentiful. Salad, ribs, chicken, side dishes, strawberry shortcake, etc. I had read on these boards to ask the waiter for macaroni and cheese, and am glad I did, it was great. And we enjoyed the sangria (or beer, wine, soft drinks) which was included with the price and our waiter made sure our glasses weren’t empty!

The show and the performers were so much fun. It really was a memorable evening!
Did you have kids with you they might have thought it was for or did they ask why since it’s not on the menu?

Did you have kids with you they might have thought it was for or did they ask why since it’s not on the menu?
We were two adults and no the waiter brought it cheerfully. Much better Use of my calories than the mashed potatoes.

Last edited:

We are so excited for this on our Disneymoon. I had a friend who was a performer on the show for years and never had a chance to experience it, but I’ve heard amazing things and can’t wait to finally see it.

So glad you enjoyed it! It is our absolute must do on every trip! We love it and it never gets old. From the food to the show. We went in September and we took our Dad and his girlfriend for their first time. My Dad just happened to be sitting in the right seat, because Dolly Drew came out and picked him and was rubbing his head (my Dad hates his hair being touched lol) and she was kissing his cheek. Even my Dad couldn't stop laughing. It was the highlight of our trip and so hilarious! It is the one thing we look forward to the most each trip.

We have had a blast at the HDDR and love to bring guests for the first time. We are not "fancy food" folks, so we are very happy with the food. Both kids and adults enjoy the corny humor!

Just made reservations again for our rescheduled April trip in October...fingers crossed it will happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!