Hoop Dee Doo travel from offsite

scottandtisha

Mouseketeer
Good morning all!

I am staying at Bonnet Creek for my upcoming trip. On one of my off days, we're planning to do Hoop Dee Doo. What is the best way for me to get there?

I searched previous threads and the Minnie van was mentioned as a possibility, but so far, I can't find evidence of anyone having actually used it for HDDR. Do Minnie Vans even service Bonnet Creek?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Regular Uber or Lyft or drive to Ft. W. If your resort offers a shuttle to MK, you could always go to the TTC, monorail to MK and take a boat as well.

Go to Magic Kingdom then take the Fort Wilderness Boat. Pioneer Hall is within walking distance from the dock.

Many years ago, our first visit to Hoop Dee Doo, we went to Disney Springs then took the Fort Wilderness bus. What a mistake! The bus dropped us off at the far side of Fort Wilderness. We had to then take the internal bus. It was a LONG ride to finally get there. The boat from MK is definitely the easiest way to get there.

Uber or Lyft to where? CR or FWL? or somewhere rise?

ETA: I've been reading that I could take the boat from the Contemporary?

Since you're offsite, I would not drive to MK and get the boat. You'd have to pay for parking, take the ferry to mk and then get on another boat.

I recommend 1 of these:
Drive to FW which puts you at the front of the campground. Take internal bus to hoop.

Uber/lyft to contemporary or wilderness lodge and take the boat over.

I think both are equal on transportation but the boat does get you right where you need to be without taking the internal fort shuttle.

Uber or Lyft to where? CR or FWL? or somewhere rise?

ETA: I've been reading that I could take the boat from the Contemporary?

1) Yep.
2) Boats can be used from any resort on the lake.
3) Contemporary boats either go directly to FW or may stop at WL, based upon which one you jump onto.

BAY LAKE & SEVEN SEAS LAGOON RESORT BOATS to/from WL-FW-CR-MK "411": (effective July-2015)

Wilderness Lodge, Magic Kingdom: (RED FLAG)
One MOTOR LAUNCH runs each from 30-min prior to MK opening until 1-1/2-hrs after MK closing. These boats run only between the MK and WL. (Estimated boat "steaming-time", after cast-off = 12-min)

Fort Wilderness, Magic Kingdom: (GREEN FLAG)
One MOTOR CRUISER and one MOTOR LAUNCH runs each from 30-min prior to MK opening until 1-1/2-hrs after MK closing.These boats run only between the MK and FW.(Estimated boat steaming-time", after cast-off =15-min)

Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary: (BLUE FLAG)
Two MOTOR LAUNCH run at 0645-hrs to 2330-hrs daily. Both run clockwise (FW>WL>CR>FW) until about 1500-hrs, then reverse direction (CR>WL>FW>CR) at 1500-hrs. (Estimated boat steaming-time", after cast-off = 15-min each stop)

FW-WL-CR, Polynesian, Grand Floridian: (GOLD FLAG)
If you want to go to the GF/Poly from the WL, CR or FW by boat, you will have to go to the MK and then get the Gold flag MOTOR LAUNCH. In addition, there is no boat that goes directly from the CR to the MK, GF or Poly. Additional boats may be added to the Gold, Green, Red and Blue routes during periods of exceptionally high demand, like at heavy MK closings, to alleviate guest lines at the docks. runs each from 30-min prior to MK opening until 1-1/2-hrs after MK closing. (Estimated boat "steaming-time", after cast-off = 10-min)

Wheelchair and ECV "411":
Rental Boats:
The rental boats at various marinas include pontoons, individual watercraft, and sailboats. Only the pontoons have ready access for chairs and ECV's without collapsing or man-handling.

Resort MOTOR LAUNCHES and CRUISERS:
For MOTOR LAUNCHES, strollers must be folded prior to boarding and ECVs cannot be accommodated on MOTOR LAUNCHES under any circumstances.

MOTOR CRUISERS do accommodate ECV's unless the lake water level is too low. Additionally, all MOTOR LAUNCHES require guests to step down into the boat.

Thanks to all! You've been extremely helpful!!!

I think taking Uber to CR then boating to FW seems the most fun!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter