Horse Riding at Fort Wilderness

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
DD Sam has just noticed that they have horses at Fort Wilderness, she is recently horse mad as her best friend has her own horse.

As DH and I have both been thrown by horses many moons ago we aren't that keen on the trail ride. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, and how long the ride lasts? Would we be able to send Sam (age 12) and Dan (age 9) on the trail on their own? And most important, do they provide hats for them to wear?

I have found out from the offical Birnbaums book that children have to be 9 and older, so Dan is just OK, he is 9 a month before we go so just really looking to hear of anyone who's actually done this and what they thought of it.

Hope someone can help me out here! :D

My DD Sam did this a few years back, they didn't insist on hats , but I think they are available on request. It was a long while ago, but I think she was out for a couple of hours. She said the horses were pretty docile, they do the same route EVERYDAY so they didn't need much steering ( other than to stop them eating the hedges LOL)

Apparently the horses only walk on the trail ride, if your 2 can ride at all they may find it a bit boring. Think pony trekking!
There are other places in the area which offer trail rides that are more challenging including one at the Hyatt Grand Cypress which is British Horse Society affiliated so is definately up to scratch.
If you need more info let me know, (I am a riding instructor by the way)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter