Hotel Between LAX And SeaWorld/legoland

jcourtney

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are coming to California in December and our flight lands at LAX on Sat Dec 2nd at 4:30 pm. Our plan is to pick up the rental car (Budget) and then stay the night somewhere before driving to SeaWorld the next morning (it doesn't open until 11am). We have reservations at the Legoland hotel on Sunday night but didn't make reservations for Saturday because I thought it might be too much to fly in and drive that far our first night. It might be 6pm before we are on the road with our car (assuming our flight is on time) and we have a 5 year old. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotel or areas to stay that first night? Right now I have a hotel booked by the Airport (Travelodge Hotel LAX) but I wonder if there are better or maybe cheaper places to stay???

Personally I would just drive down when you arrive if there's nothing you have planned to do in LA. The drive will probably be around 2.5 hours and then you'll be able to relax in San Diego the next morning (brunch on the beach?). There are several great hotels on Shelter Island by SeaWorld, or you could do another night at the Legoland hotel which will make your drive down a little shorter. My boys love that hotel and always beg for more than one night there. If you don't want to drive after flying in (not sure how far you're coming/time change), the LAX hotels are probably your best bet as they'll be cheaper for the quality than anything actually in LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!