Hotel Buses- where at parks?

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
limited experience with Universal but did a quick trip last summer and we’re hooked! Will be back end April. Staying at SF. Last time we walked or took the boat but I’m realizing I never got any details on buses. If you take resort buses to the parks, where do you get dropped off? I didn’t see any buses in the boat/restaurant area so I’m wondering if it drops off at a different spot in the parks?

limited experience with Universal but did a quick trip last summer and we’re hooked! Will be back end April. Staying at SF. Last time we walked or took the boat but I’m realizing I never got any details on buses. If you take resort buses to the parks, where do you get dropped off? I didn’t see any buses in the boat/restaurant area so I’m wondering if it drops off at a different spot in the parks?

You get dropped off at the entrance to Citywalk - which you wouldn't have seen unless you walked down past the theatre, mini-golf, etc...

Huh. Still not picturing where that is. I’ll look at a map. But it sounds like it’s a further walk than where the boat drops? Thanks!

Yes, the boat is much closer. Do not like the drop off spot at all. Does anyone remember the old drop off spot years ago? I used to love to take the bus in the rain from portofino to the parks.

Way further than the boats. You actually cannot see the park entrances from the bus zone

The only time I used the bus back to rpr was during the hurricane that closed the park on a Friday some years back

Rain and wind was too strong to walk back to the hotel

You will see a sign when walking out from city walk where resort busses are located
You veer off to the right at that signage

Rpr bus was great
No standees on the bus as all have to be seated

My one and only time I used the resort bus

The only time I used the bus back to rpr was during the hurricane that closed the park on a Friday some years back

Rain and wind was too strong to walk back to the hotel

You will see a sign when walking out from city walk where resort busses are located
You veer off to the right at that signage

Rpr bus was great
No standees on the bus as all have to be seated

My one and only time I used the resort bus
Yes, only time I foresee having to use the bus is in Sept. if there’s a torrential T Storm and boats are down.

Good old days. We had villa rooms close to the bus. Loved riding straight to the parks. Also liked riding to hard rock and RP from PB also

I only took them once, and it was because the boats were closed bc of lightning in the vicinity.

There had also been big rain. We should have just walked to the hotel, but we were getting some spotty info from the TMs.

Interesting... Assume Universal buses aren't as busy as Disney ones... And don't travel as far. Be nice to not have to stand.

IME they are shuttle vans, not actual buses. Things might have changed since I used them, though.

Honestly, I just got back from a 3 night stay at RPR last month, didn't even realize that there were buses that ran to the parks. The way the resorts and parks are laid out, you never see them as all we did was take the boats and if we did anything at the hotel it was ground level by the pool. We only went to 3rd floor lobby on day of check in/out. Don't even recall seeing any signage that buses were available, although I do seem to recall as we were walking to the boat landing that there might have been something at the end of the resort, but we couldn't tell what it was. Maybe that was bus pick up and drop off. Frankly though, not sure why you'd take the bus over boat, unless boats aren't running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!