Hotel Fast Pass- any limitations/ how do they work

nfceagles

Mouseketeer
We are staying club level at Sequoia in a few weeks so we get an extra fast pass each day. We don't arrive until 1500 on our first day so I'm trying to put together a touring plan of sorts. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to head to BTM first and use the hotel fast pass to ride it? Do you just get in any fast pass line at any time or do you still pull a slip with a later return time?

When we used the Hotel FPs before (when you still got them in standard rooms at the Disneyland Hotel), you just presented them at the Fastpass entrance - there was no need to go to the machines first.

However they did have a restriction on them where you couldn't use them between something like 1300 and 1600 if I remember correctly - not sure why that was, maybe that was the busiest time of day for FP returners? And it may be that this restriction no longer exists now that fewer rooms get access to the Hotel FPs.

Yes, between 13:00 - 16:00 is the busiest time of the day in the park, so I guess, it is not really for controlling the amount FP returners as that's easy to regulate. But the regular line can get longer between those hours.
It existed last September.

Info given here is correct, you go the FP entrance directly, at the time you see fit.

There is an official blackout (around 1pm—4pm) that is written clearly on the Hotel FP. Note that you can always nicely ask for entrance during that time, and that the cast member might allow you in, depending on the operating needs of the day. Just not take it for granted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts