Hotel in Rome

MICKEEP

DIS Veteran
Prior to our DCL Cruise we are staying 2 nights in Rome.

we are looking for hotel recommendations

Our first visit to Rome was on an ABD Vivia Italia trip. They put us in the Bernini Bristol. We've since been back to Rome several times (on our own) and always stay there.

After our DCL cruise last year see stayed at the Nerva Boutique Hotel (recommended the Rick Steves Rome book). It was lovely and really close to the Colosseum. We would definitely stay there again.

SO my trip is coming up, but on the recs of my family member who is in the airlines we are doing:
NH Fori Imperiali, it is literally right next to the forum ruins, Parthenon, and lots of the main areas. It is a five star hotel.
NH is a chain in Europe. The rooftop bar over looks all of old Rome.

When we come back after touring Italy we are going to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Rome, it is more near Vatican City on 15 acres of gardens. So not close to the main parts of Rome, but I need some relax time too. They have free shuttles and fun things to do and will arrange day trips for you.

Another suggestion that was given to me:
Marriot Grand Hotel Flora, it is near the fun stuff and near the American Embassy as well.
I had the intercontinental Rome booked, but they canceled my reservation as their new big renovations will not be done till mid April. But that is where a lot of airlines put their crews.

If you want to do some touring, I highly suggest Livtours. They are a family run business, and their group size is 6! I have booked 90% of my Italy tours with them, and they have been great and communicate a lot. So far so good. The price is great for a small group.

On our extended pre-days we stayed at the Marriott Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Piazza delta Repubblica 47 Rome, which is right beside a Metro station and two blocks from the railroad terminal where we popped down to Pompeii and Sorrento for day trips. Booked with Marriott points. Very very convenient for things and places not covered in the ABD trip. Metro was also a quick and cheap way around the city. Concierge was one of the best we've encountered in travels. Room was massive.

Unknown.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter