Hotel reservation payment issue

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I went in and booked my hotel at the Explorer's Lodge for October, but got an email saying the reservation was incomplete due to payment issue (basically I guess the credit card didn't go thru properly?). They said I could pay via email or phone, but of course I'm always worried about scammers and didn't want to just reply with my CC info! They didn't give me a link to input the CC info. (The emails are from legit HKDL emails, but still...)

Should I just try to book it again (there is still plenty of availability), or have other people had this email and paid the reservation amount that way?

I guess you can always call the HKDL guest services with the number on their website, tell them about your ordeal and get a confirmation if the payment did indeed not go through, then settle it.
Just don't use the number quoted on the email.

Year back, I did that via the website. Of course that was years back, so things may have changed.

I guess you can always call the HKDL guest services with the number on their website, tell them about your ordeal and get a confirmation if the payment did indeed not go through, then settle it.
Just don't use the number quoted on the email.
I did check my CC account and nothing went through there (also no flagged charges or alerts about suspicious charges).

Did you call your cc company? I made mine online successfully, although I don’t think they processed the charge for about 12 hours & I used a card that encourages international charges. Also, make sure you can charge in foreign currency HKD. Maybe that threw up a security alert in the cc company’s internal systems.

There is also the idea that maybe you made a data input error in which case the cc company would never see the charge. Because HK DL doesn’t process those payments real time it’s possible the system accepted the card despite faulty info being put it.

Would I email my cc info to an email address? Maybe tbh. There are lots of fraud protections those days. But if possible it would probably be wiser to cancel the first reservation and just make a new one after you assure nothing is wrong with your cc company.

I ended up calling Hong Kong Disney direct. Don’t know what the issue was, but we were able to do payment on the phone. I was somewhat surprised they only charge the first night in advance (even though they said it was a nonrefundable reservation). But at least that is taken care of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!