Hotel Santa Fe FAQ & Information Thread

We stayed there in the summer but we'd always go back to the Cheyenne instead if it was available - they are similar prices after all. We much prefer the theming and surroundings at the Cheyenne. When we stayed at the Santa Fe the three mornings we saw Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in reception.

well... i'm already all booked up now! thanks for the info.... getting myself all over-excited now... like the kids in the advert...

To be perfectly honest the hotels make no odds to us - we wash and sleep in them and that's it - as long as they are clean that's all we care about and they all have been so we've been happy.

I agree - the Santa Fe is clean and has everything you need in a basic kind of way. If you want a pool or room service or anything other than the basics then you would need to go to a more expensive option.
We always opt for the Fantasyland breakfast as you are then in the parks and ready to go but I believe the hotel breakfast has the same food choices. We've met Goofy and Minnie in reception - good photo opportunities with far fewer people than in the parks.
Have a great time!

Many thanks Diana a wonderful report and great pictures, we seemed to have missed so much when we were there. We stayed at the Santa Fe two years ago and loved it. The only reason we didn't go back there this time was because we needed two single beds and a double.

Always worth asking for a non-smoking block (if you're not a smoker of course), as the first room we had this year smelt like the botom of an ashtray, opened window and the ledge was crammed with butts!!! eugh!

Non smoker was brill tho, nice big bed, and a bathroom you could hold a party in (should you feel that way inclined :):):))

Breakfasts were ok too, even tho we got stuck on the 7:30 time slot every day. At least it got us to the park before the queues. If you're on a budget dont forget to take a big bag with you at breakfast and fill it with bread rolls & ham like everyone else seems to do :).

The other great point is the Petrol station at the top of the car park. Much cheaper for soft drinks, snacks and other stuff which the Hotel shops dont stock.

great advice guys!

ooooohhhhhh i can't wait now... just been on the phone to my friend who i'm going with... she was skipping down the road! whoo hoo!

oh.... do you get tea and coffee stuff in the room?

yes - as long as you've got an adaptor, though they probably sell them in the shop.

i have about 10 at home... everytime i go to europe i forget to take one so i have to buy another... duh...

urglewurgle said:
uh-oh..... no tea??!?! OMG! lol....

we'll have plug sockets though right?

It's ok you can hire a kettle from Reception and take as many tea/coffee/sugar and milk cartons as you wish from Breakfast. All you need then are cups :):):)

Steve

I really enjoyed reading this and it is great to see all the pictures.
It is just the kind of detailed stuff I always hoped to find somewhere but never have - it puts you right there and gives a good insight onto the story behind the themeing.

People often comment on how expensive it can be to stay at one of the onsite Disney Hotels, but this thread goes a long way to explaining why they are a bit pricier. I had no idea about the details outside the Hotel.

Well done and thanks Di!

Thank you Rosie - it's really kind of you to go to the trouble of writing that. We're all Disney nuts after all!!! :rotfl2:

Is it possible to walk to the park (+1/2) from the santa fe ? If so how far is it ? Thanks.

Its a very pleasant walk from the Santa Fe.
Over the bridge to the Cheyenne side of the "river" and then around the lake beside the Hotel New York, then down through the Village to the parks.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!