Hotels near Busch Gardens (Tampa)?

gtpoohbear

DIS Veteran
This might be a longshot since I know most people here stay in Orlando, but has anyone had a good experience with a hotel near Busch Gardens? It will only be for one night, so I don't need anything fancy. Price isn't even a huge factor, I just want something that's not gross and infested with roaches. Which is what the reviews seem to say about every single hotel within a 5 mile radius of the park. Is it really that bad everywhere, or are there some decent ones?

We will be staying at the Ramada by Wyndham Temple Terrace/Tampa North next week. I looked for reviews and seems decent. Let you know my experience after we stay.

Tampa native here. Busch Gardens is located in a sketchy area of town, so the hotels are not very nice. You are better off staying a little farther away and finding a nicer place and driving or taking an Uber to the park.

Tampa native here. Busch Gardens is located in a sketchy area of town, so the hotels are not very nice. You are better off staying a little farther away and finding a nicer place and driving or taking an Uber to the park.
That's what I'm starting to think we may have to do . I wanted something close because I am sure we will stay until park close @10pm, and be tired and not wanting to have to go far. But oh well! My standards are not THAT high... but sharing my bed with roaches is a little more than I can take :)

I’ve stayed at the Doubletree-Westshore. It’s about 20-30 minutes from Busch Gardens. Staff was great, room, pool area, and fitness center were all clean and well equipped. This was about 4/5 years ago.

We have stayed at the LaQuinta USF on Fowler when visiting USF. It is clean and located just behind Busch Gardens.

How close do you need to be? 15-20 minutes or so away opens up downtown Tampa and many options.

I agree the immediate area isn’t the nicest but there are some chain hotels close by. Could a holiday inn express be that bad? I can’t speak for that one in particular but personally, if proximity was my main concern, I would take a chance

There is a relatively new "SpingHill Suites by Marriott North" that we stayed at last year. It was clean, quiet, roomy and safe. It's close enough to Busch Gardens (guessing about 20 minutes) and has a really good restaurant nearby (Ciccio Cali Tampa Palms).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter