Hotels with their own shuttles?

Hotels in the resort area who are not Grandfathered in are to use the ART system. Candy Cane Inn is grandfathered, so they use their own shuttle. Some of the hotels out in Garden Grove have their own shuttle. (Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn down by Target use a coop shuttle instead of ART.

Hotels in the resort area who are not Grandfathered in are to use the ART system. Candy Cane Inn is grandfathered, so they use their own shuttle. Some of the hotels out in Garden Grove have their own shuttle. (Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn down by Target use a coop shuttle instead of ART.

What does "grandfathered" in this case mean?

I believe that "grandfathered" means that they already had the shuttle service in operation for an extended time when ART began, so they were allowed to keep it.
The closest is CCI which is in easy walking distance, but it's great having the shuttle option. (I wouldn't stay any farther away than that.....you tend to lose the atmosphere of the DLR farther away.)

Thanks, all! After looking into these shuttles....I think we'll probably just end up staying within walking distance again. I think the shuttle may be more hassle than it's worth. I am just worried about all the walking for my son since it will be our first non-stroller trip. But really...the walk to our usual hotel (Desert Inn) isn't really THAT much farther than the shuttle drop off/pick up, I don't think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter