Hotwire hotdeals refunds due to Covid-19

GAMOMOFTHREE

Earning My Ears
Hotwire is partnering with hotels to offer refunds on hotdeals, even though they are considered non-refundable. Hotwire has a form on their site to submit your cancellation. There is also a list of hotels that are honoring hotdeal refunds. As of this post, Walt Disney Resorts are not on the list, but I can't imagine that they will not honor the refund. We have two reservations, one at AoA and one at All Star Music that we got through hotdeals.
To find the form, go to their travel update page and look for point #3.

Thank you so much for posting this. I just assumed we were out $$$ for our nights at the swan pre cruise in May. I filled out the forms - hoping for a refund!

I got a refund for my Hot Rate POR reservation that doesn't start until 4/2. I was worried because that is technically outside the stated closure window. I wonder if that means they won't be reopening 4/1? Although I don't think that would come as a surprise to anyone.

About how long did it take to get your refund?
I actually paid through paypal and had a notification from paypal within like 15 minutes of the phone call. But it was probably another 4-7 days before that money was actually placed back in my acount. Paypal seems to be quicker than credit cards in terms of refunds...

We have an 11-night "Hot Rate" through Hotwire for next month and, so far, the renting company (Blue Tree Resort via HotelBeds in Orlando, Florida) won't give us a refund. Luckily, our June Orlando Hotwire Hot Rate reservations were refunded because they were through chains (Loews & DoubleTree). Lesson learned!

We have an 11-night "Hot Rate" through Hotwire for next month and, so far, the renting company (Blue Tree Resort via HotelBeds in Orlando, Florida) won't give us a refund. Luckily, our June Orlando Hotwire Hot Rate reservations were refunded because they were through chains (Loews & DoubleTree). Lesson learned!
Blue Tree's website suggests they're open with 2 pools. Not sure if you have any recourse if the hotel is open but the parks are closed.

Blue Tree's website suggests they're open with 2 pools. Not sure if you have any recourse if the hotel is open but the parks are closed.
Thanks for the response. We are Louisiana residents and Florida has restrictions for Louisiana residents to be quarantined/self-isolated for 14 days upon crossing the state lines. A few weeks ago, Florida's governor also halted vacation rentals for Louisiana residents and said, “If you’re in one now, finish and go home.”

Thankfully, it just so happens that I finally received a response from Hotwire this morning that stated my May HotRate refund for Blue Tree Resort is being processed and may take 30 days. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter