Housekeeping?

Happy99

DIS Veteran
Can someone update me on housekeeping with DVC using points? I know they have to come in more often than they used to for security reasons but not sure what, if anything, they actually do. We have a 2 bedroom at SSR.
Thank you

Last edited:
They are supposed to do trash daily. If staying 7 nights or less, they also do "trash and towel" -- change towels, and replenish bath and cleaning items -- on day four (and to get to day four count arrival day as one). If staying eight nights or more, you get full cleaning service on day four and trash and towel on day eight.

You can purchase additional services including a full cleaning for any day while there (call at least the day before)-- if you request full cleaning for the same day as trash and towel service, the cost of full cleaning is half of what it is for other days.

Thanks - anyone know the cost of the additional full cleaning? I don't think we will need it but just curious. We are staying 7 nights.

Thanks - anyone know the cost of the additional full cleaning? I don't think we will need it but just curious. We are staying 7 nights.

From the member website:

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:
  • Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Wow, extra towels are free now. That's pretty cool.
Yeah, I'm guessing that tracking the things like coffee and towels was more hassle than it was worth, and they may have gotten some unhappy renters/guests of DVCers who didn't realize there was a charge. I seldom use all the towels, but I am happy I don't have to worry about packing or buying coffee, even though it isn't the best coffee, it'll do.

Last edited:
Trash daily (supposed to at least).
Trash and Towel day 4.
Full Cleaning Day 8.
No, that's backwards. Full cleaning is day 4 for stays of eight nights or more. Trash and Towel is day 8 for eight nights or more. For seven nights or less, trash and towel on day 4.

And if you're in the room with the Room Occupied sign on the door on Day 4, they won't come into your room to service it for Trash & Towel. Which I found out the hard way this last week.

And if you're in the room with the Room Occupied sign on the door on Day 4, they won't come into your room to service it for Trash & Towel. Which I found out the hard way this last week.
Or maybe they'll knock on the door until they wake you up and go to the door to open because they have to do it anyway even if the sign is on and it wasn't there all morning but they didn't pass at the time.
It may or may not have happened to me multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter