How about a couple of EPIC quickies? DRs, that is! update 8/6 - Festival and Territory Lounge

Somehow I got my replies out of order so I am really sorry if I missed anyone. In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.

March 31, Continued:

"We have the stars to guide us - guitars here beside us, to play as we go. We sing and we samba - we shout 'aye caramba! What means aya caramba? ... Oh yes, I don't know"

After our magical morning we monorailed over to Epcot for lunch and festival-ing.

pKvNwLY.jpg

Our first stop was actually at Rose and Crown, where we each got a mixed draft pour with R opting for the Blacksmith (Smithwicks and Guinness) and I chose the Snakebite (cider and Harp). They were each $9.75 and we remarked that we needed to stop into Rose and Crown more often as they accept Tables in Wonderland at the bar.

With our discounted beers in hand, we headed to La Isla Fresca to grab some food.

LPvCNTD.jpg

(is it even a festival if you don't photograph your food on a trash can?)

We had the Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro — $6.00 and the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce — $7.00. Of course, the shrimp are better known around these parts as the "Steve Shrimp", which we'd later get to enjoy with the man himself.

For now, we enjoyed both dishes. The shrimp continue to please with a large portion of delicious shrimp coated in a tasty sauce. I think the rice has been better in past years but we enjoyed this nevertheless. I wouldn't have picked the braised beef based on its appearance, but R wanted to try it and I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the tasty and slightly spicy beef. This was also a nice-size portion.

2uoSmfJ.jpg

Next, we headed into the Odyssey to try an item we were too full for on the previous day, and were surprised to see how empty it was on Sunday afternoon compared to Saturday.

8yYpvZR.jpg

This booth is technically named "Arbor at the Gardener's Terrace", which seems unnecessary, but I got over the silliness and went with a strawberry rose cider and we split the Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil – $6.00

I've since learned that this item is very dish-specific as to whether it's good, based on how fresh your serving is. This one was particularly hot, fresh, and tasty. The cider was also delicious and went down easy (all 6 oz :rolleyes:).

We hadn't been to la Cava del Tequila in a while so we decided to head there for cheese dip. There was a bit of a wait but we were willing to stand, so once a table became available we were sent to a sharing standing table. Our tablemates ended up being a bachelorette party, which was fun since I'd been on my bachelorette almost exactly a year before. They were fun to chat with. I got this real gem of a photo

Q24ziiN.jpg

We each had a margarita but I no longer remember which ones and your intrepid reporter (who wasn't planning to write a dining report) didn't take photos. So I will say, they looked like margaritas?

giphy.gif

The cheese dip hit the spot, but not wanting to spend too long intruding on bachelorette celebrations, we moved on. I paid my regular homage to myself in art form: Fancy Grandma

abFxfv6.jpg

And I took this picture to document how long the line was to get the specialty cotton candy at the China booth

qNpYnwc.jpg

Real winners, these pics. At some point I did come to my senses and put the Ollo Clip back on to document the beautiful day

mIfO18U.jpg

29wkkBv.jpg

yUzhJXi.jpg

Lady and the Tramp topiaries had a different home this year than in past years

YafsXFw.jpg

R decided he needed a dessert, so we stopped at the Taste of Marrakesh for the Walnut Honey Baklava — $4.50 which ended up being fairly flavorless and dry. I did warn him.

a88k2mj.jpg

Don't worry though, we redeemed ourselves to our sweet teeth at the next beeth booth:

NEVITlm.jpg

Where I apparently decided to undertake creation of a photography opus dedicated to the World's best slush: LA VIE EN ROSE (not that the traitor @ariane37 will enjoy my piece de resistance but I am posting it anyway)

0UEOzZn.jpg

GNP9jVV.jpg

I even took a crappy selfie with it!

And this concluded our visit to Epcot.

The best thing about staying at the Crescent Lake resorts is the convenience to walk to so many wonderful entertainment and dining options. And paramount among these options is the unrivaled access to ICE CREAM! Yes, that's right. You could go classic and have a No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream, you could go off the beaten path and have a sundae at The Fountain in the Dolphin, you could go fancy and get L'Artisans de Glacees at Epcot, or you could go with the BEST OPTION and have Ample Hills scoop you up a flight...

oO7ZyR0.jpg

Like so... ($10.64 including tax) R says I should mention this is the best $10 you will ever spend at Disney. I totally agree.

I don't remember exactly which flavors we had but every visit's must do flavors include Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace (my favorite, remember, fancy grandma?), the ooey gooey butter cake, the dark chocolate, and I can see that at least one of these is a cookies and cream. Of course, all the flavors were amazingly delicious and this ice cream is such high quality goodness, I always love visiting!

2YGF9qK.jpg

'sho nuff.

Once again, when we returned to the resort, we decided to take a dip in the pool and hot tub just outside our room. This isn't my best photo either, but we were excited to find that the hot tub was once again hot.

SRSSDm6.jpg

We also had friends visiting WDW that weekend so we decided to meet up with them for dinner, and arranged to meet at Sanaa and sat in the lounge.

Of course we ordered the bread service, which is served with all breads and all dips for $17

656ZyRf.jpg

1nHdid9.jpg

I think we also had samosas and possibly the salad sampler, but we were just excited to be with our friends in the most magical place on earth so I didn't take any notes or additional pictures. Sanaa, as always, was a hit. And aside from a very delicious pastry breakfast we procured from the Market at Ale & Compass the next morning, that wrapped up the Disney dining portion of this trip. For the next 5 days we did this...

PwS2fAP.jpg

and a LOT of eating! I'm going to drop a bunch of yummy food pics in the next post and I'll spare you all from the write up of our sea voyage but suffice to say we put our drink packages and unlimited signature dining to good use! We had a WONDERFUL cruise and I would highly recommend the ship and the itinerary to anyone.

Somehow I got my replies out of order so I am really sorry if I missed anyone. In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.

How exciting!!! That's so great, you guys!!

It must be done.

We each had a margarita but I no longer remember which ones and your intrepid reporter (who wasn't planning to write a dining report) didn't take photos. So I will say, they looked like margaritas?

:lmao:

Where I apparently decided to undertake creation of a photography opus dedicated to the World's best slush: LA VIE EN ROSE (not that the traitor @ariane37 will enjoy my piece de resistance but I am posting it anyway)

Okay, that was just funny. :rotfl2:

Like so... ($10.64 including tax) R says I should mention this is the best $10 you will ever spend at Disney. I totally agree.

This is the 2nd time today I've read about this. I had no idea before and the next time I stay at Boardwalk, I'm doing this!

Excellent trip report so far. Glad you decided to continue with sharing the cruise portion!

Welcome to the boards, Luke!!!

:welcome:

R lurks around but he doesn't have a username. I fully expect to see a dining report full of pot roasts from you in the future, though! I loved Fallon's report that was written out of both of your posts so you guys should do a joint one sometime!!

EXCUSE ME, there is a butter soaked bison burger at California Grill? Why oh why did I skip it this trip?!

Glad to be here. But really it’s just an honour to be nominated.

Quickly - the pot roasts were slow cooked until they were pull apart with a fork tender. The green beans were green beans covered with a metric tonne of butter-like product and/or garlic (but at least they’re fresh unlike Ohana’s frozen broccoli).
Up next: a quick dining report on 5 out of 6 of the Dole Whip options. Minus mango because mango is gross in all forms. Smells delicious as an additive to laundry detergent tho. Spoiler alert: the other Dole Whips are delicious.

If R needs a username how about YoHoYoHoAnArrItsLife4Me?

My office used to sound the same before I went back to school. Now I just listen on my headphones while I study at the library. I highly recommend frequent doses of Must-Do Disney! Sometimes if I'm anxious I like to fall asleep to background noise, so I'll play this on my computer as I drift off. The sound of vacation bliss...

Fallon and I cycled though Stacey J and Must Do Disney 1.6 times in your honour.

The cheese dip hit the spot, but not wanting to spend too long intruding on bachelorette celebrations, we moved on. I paid my regular homage to myself in art form: Fancy Grandma

abFxfv6.jpg

The best thing about staying at the Crescent Lake resorts is the convenience to walk to so many wonderful entertainment and dining options. And paramount among these options is the unrivaled access to ICE CREAM! Yes, that's right. You could go classic and have a No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream, you could go off the beaten path and have a sundae at The Fountain in the Dolphin, you could go fancy and get L'Artisans de Glacees at Epcot, or you could go with the BEST OPTION and have Ample Hills scoop you up a flight...
oO7ZyR0.jpg

Of course we ordered the bread service, which is served with all breads and all dips for $17

656ZyRf.jpg

1nHdid9.jpg

1. Congrats on your place! Remember that boxes are cheapest at Home Depot so use that savings to get someone else to carry said boxes.

2. Fancy Grandma is my kinda lady.

3. HOW WAS I UNAWARE OF THIS ICE CREAM FLIGHT?!? PROBABLY TGE SAME WAY I WAS UNAWARE I TURNED CAPS LOCK ON. For real though, I didn’t know about the Ample Hills flight. Should’ve asked for that in my wedding suit. Missed opportunity for sure.

4. What’s your favourite bread service sauce? Mine’s the hottest one for the first 6-8 hours and then it becomes the cilantro one.

Highlights from Royal Caribbean Brilliance of The Seas
totally brown breakfast:

xDKtqIP.jpg

Whenever we get to Fallon’s stomping grounds we basically eat golden brown things that’re cooked until they float until it’s time to leave and detox.

In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.
Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting.

Cause shrimp are best enjoyed with the actual Steve
Untitled.png

2uoSmfJ.jpg

Next, we headed into the Odyssey to try an item we were too full for on the previous day, and were surprised to see how empty it was on Sunday afternoon compared to Saturday.
What a difference a Sunday and no thunderstorm make. That place was INSANE while we were there!

Q24ziiN.jpg

Love how you weren't planning on doing a dining report yet you still took this gorgeous picture :P

paid my regular homage to myself in art form: Fancy Grandma

abFxfv6.jpg
That can't be you unless she is hiding some whiskey in her cane :drinking1

I'll have to third that! I don't even like ice cream very much and that stuff is amazing!!!

Oh my beloved Key West. On a trip a few years ago we realized Cuban Queen delivers (on a bike no less) and after some tipsy afternoons in the pool that got very dangerous!

Your cruise looks awesome. Royal Caribbean sure has stepped up their game since the one cruise I did eons ago. I would be in so much trouble if there was asian food and sushi so accessible to me!

Beautiful picture!

the shrimp are better known around these parts as the "Steve Shrimp", which we'd later get to enjoy with the man himself.
I should have told one of the famous bloggers who were around that day that Steve from "Steve's shrimp" was in the park; hey I wonder if our friend Ronny the blogger was there that day? He could have said he actual spoke to Steve from "Steve's shrimp" way back when........

I've since learned that this item is very dish-specific as to whether it's good, based on how fresh your serving is
Yes and unfortunately a rainy muggy day must mean rainy muggy fried green tomatoes since mine sucked. Ooh is that allowed here? Mine stunk? :D
At some point I did come to my senses and put the Ollo Clip back on to document the beautiful day
Please remember you have old folk reading your report and refrain from using newfangled language like OLLO CLIP. Is that another one of those things you kids do now like instabook? Skype-streaking?

LA VIE EN ROSE (not that the traitor @ariane37 will enjoy my piece de resistance but I am posting it anyway)
Consider it payback for the onion rolls, sister!

3. HOW WAS I UNAWARE OF THIS ICE CREAM FLIGHT?!? PROBABLY TGE SAME WAY I WAS UNAWARE I TURNED CAPS LOCK ON.
:laughing: :wave: Luke!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:OMG you just made my night! We may not know which ride photo wins the title of "best" yet from the EPIC trip but you certainly win queen of photoshop :laughing:

Congratulations on buying your first house!!! That's so exciting! Loving your cruise food pics! Thanks so much for sharing them!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:OMG you just made my night! We may not know which ride photo wins the title of "best" yet from the EPIC trip but you certainly win queen of photoshop :laughing:

Your government tax dollars at work. I don't even have photoshop but after 16 years with the government I've got mad powerpoint skills :P

Congratulations on your first house! That is so major!!!

Good tip on TiW at Rose & Crown! I haven’t even made it into the Odyssey Center yet this festival. The fried green tomato was on my list so maybe next time. May need to hit La Cava too before it becomes too crowded during F&W and the line snakes all the way up the ramp to the pavilion entrance. I’ve only had the guacamole there... need to try the queso!

Somehow, I still haven’t tried Sanaa. This is a top priority for me to fix ASAP. How big is their lounge?

Your cruise photos look great. I’ve never been on a cruise. I’d be ALL about the food but that photo of the pool :crowded:

Congrats on the new digs!!!! I am super excited for you and R!!!!

Of course, the shrimp are better known around these parts as the "Steve Shrimp", which we'd later get to enjoy with the man himself.

Yes, this brings back awesome memories...Food, drink, company...

This booth is technically named "Arbor at the Gardener's Terrace", which seems unnecessary, but I got over the silliness and went with a strawberry rose cider and we split the Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil – $6.00

I've since learned that this item is very dish-specific as to whether it's good, based on how fresh your serving is. This one was particularly hot, fresh, and tasty. The cider was also delicious and went down easy (all 6 oz :rolleyes:).

Yep, this too was delicious!!!

I LOVE all your food/cruise pics. The one of you and R with the red/white leaf print top is absolutely stunning!!!:love:

untitled-png.401481

THIS MADE ME LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quoted a whole bunch of stuff and waited to long to add them in.

All of the food on the cruise looked amazing... The picture of the crowded pool didn't make me want to cruise....

The picture of Steve and Shrimp... HILARIOUS!!!!

Congrats on buying a house! That is so exciting!!! Stressful but exciting.

In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.

Yay! How incredibly exciting, and also stressful, I'm sure. Congrats! Sending lots of love and well-wishes to you and R in your house-owning journey!

It's funny cuz it's true!

I paid my regular homage to myself in art form: Fancy Grandma

abFxfv6.jpg

:lovestruc Much granny love.

I did come to my senses and put the Ollo Clip back on to document the beautiful day

mIfO18U.jpg

Wow! What a gorgeous day! If only every day could look like this.

:lovestruc

Lady and the Tramp topiaries had a different home this year than in past years

YafsXFw.jpg

:eek::eek: Really!? I'm shook.

or you could go with the BEST OPTION and have Ample Hills scoop you up a flight...

oO7ZyR0.jpg

Woah! Had no idea this was a thing! N would love this. Maybe if his family ends up visiting WDW again in the near future, I'll send them all here :)

suffice to say we put our drink packages and unlimited signature dining to good use!

:laughing: I'd expect nothing less!

#drool

Wow! :love:

OQwRJMP.jpg

(hot rock, where you cook your own hibachi style meal)

Cool! Or, I guess, technically "hot."

untitled-png.401481

Oh my goodness! @kastoney this is the best! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Congratulations!! Such an exciting time for you!

Our first stop was actually at Rose and Crown, where we each got a mixed draft pour with R opting for the Blacksmith (Smithwicks and Guinness) and I chose the Snakebite (cider and Harp). They were each $9.75 and we remarked that we needed to stop into Rose and Crown more often as they accept Tables in Wonderland at the bar.
Hmmm, that is good to know! I am still considering buying a TiW card for our trip this summer.

It is a festival must do!

That looks great! I wanted to try this but literally could not eat one more thing!

Don't worry though, we redeemed ourselves to our sweet teeth at the next beeth booth:
You got my favourite drink!

I don't remember exactly which flavors we had but every visit's must do flavors include Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace (my favorite, remember, fancy grandma?), the ooey gooey butter cake, the dark chocolate, and I can see that at least one of these is a cookies and cream. Of course, all the flavors were amazingly delicious and this ice cream is such high quality goodness, I always love visiting!
Two scoops each of six flavours???? That is a Disney bargain!

Once again, when we returned to the resort, we decided to take a dip in the pool and hot tub just outside our room. This isn't my best photo either, but we were excited to find that the hot tub was once again hot.
Beach Club hot tubs really do vary in temperature.

Beautiful!
Love this picture of you two!

Congratulations on buying your first house!!!! :) We bought our house the week before we got married...we were 23 and 24 years old and had no idea what we were doing. I'm kind of glad we did it that way. I'd be more scared out of my mind now!!!

Love all of your pictures, and probably shouldn't have looked at them while I'm STARVING!

On an unrelated to food note, you and R take the cutest pictures :)

Love, love, LOVE all your photos (especially the one of the two of you on the cruise ship). That sushi looks amazing!

So true!

Of course, the shrimp are better known around these parts as the "Steve Shrimp", which we'd later get to enjoy with the man himself.

:rotfl:I'm sad I missed out on the Shrimp Party, I think we were looking for Donald Duck in Mexico on the Grand Fiesta Tour at the time?

We hadn't been to la Cava del Tequila in a while so we decided to head there for cheese dip. There was a bit of a wait but we were willing to stand, so once a table became available we were sent to a sharing standing table. Our tablemates ended up being a bachelorette party, which was fun since I'd been on my bachelorette almost exactly a year before. They were fun to chat with. I got this real gem of a photo

Q24ziiN.jpg

Ok, how did I not know about this? Darn, now I need to plan another trip to WDW just so I can try this!

:love: And once again photographed on the most popular location during Epcot festivals!

656ZyRf.jpg

1nHdid9.jpg

Is it possible to go to Saana and not order the bread service?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter