How are Disney going to charge $500 to $1000 a night

Jake

Mouseketeer
and not doing maid service, Room service or have coffee pots ?. How are going to give you that first class experience. At worst service then Motel 6

I understand there’s a virus. But part of being on vacation, for me is. No cleaning, no cooking , being take of care of. My magical week !!!

I haven't seen any reports that they aren't offering some type of housekeeping, room service or coffee pots in the rooms.

I haven't seen any reports that they aren't offering some type of housekeeping, room service or coffee pots in the rooms.
I believe the Task Force guidelines for re-opening limited those items, but it may have only been in early phases of re-opening.

I believe the Task Force guidelines for re-opening limited those items, but it may have only been in early phases of re-opening.

I do recall that. I think those were only recommendations given at that time and not directives. I know guests with DVC reservations have received e-mails stating they can expect standard DVC housekeeping services during their stay.
  • Enhanced cleaning of all rooms prior to arrival, including additional measures for dishware and appliances for Disney Vacation Club units, along with the standard Disney Vacation Club housekeeping services during your stay
Nothing has been announced yet beyond DVC housekeeping services (which I know are different than standard resort housekeeping services). I just hate to see people jumping to conclusions that these services may not be available when there is no confirmation as of yet.

There’s no confirmation one way or the other on maid service.

Disney isn’t going to reduce prices regardless. They’re charging the same prices for the parks with major cuts, no way they reduce resort rates.

They can do it because enough people are willing to pay it. Don’t blame Disney for charging what people are willing to pay.

First class experience?
Exactly
IMO Disney has been dropping every yr for a while now and in regards to price, the only real benefit to their higher prices is fp+ at 60 days.

as others said too, people keep paying so they will keep charging

IMO Disney has been dropping every yr for a while now and in regards to price, the only real benefit to their higher prices is fp+ at 60 days.

For right now, there's a huge benefit to staying on site. For the time being at least, on site guests will get first dibs on reservations to get into the parks. If you're wanting to go, that may well be the only way to secure entry.

I won't get into the pros and cons of staying on site in general, but for now, on site makes a huge difference.

Lots of people with lots of money. Disney long ago forgot the middle class.

I think most middle class can afford moderate or value resorts. But as with anything it is a matter or what are your priorities? I have a new to me 2011 suv, and only have that because my 2003 chevy died last year. But that is how I afford my Disney trips, by not having a new car or the latest gadget out there. Others may choose to buy those things, which is fine. But then they shouldn't complain that they can't afford a Disney vacation. Some people can't have it all.

As long as people will pray it, they will keep charging it. We paid less than half at the Dolphin and had just as nice an experience.
Well up through almost the end of July Dolphin is charging about $800/night... I don’t even want to know what the people with cancelled June trips rebooking to rack rate DVC July cash rooms are being charged 😱

I think most middle class can afford moderate or value resorts. But as with anything it is a matter or what are your priorities? I have a new to me 2011 suv, and only have that because my 2003 chevy died last year. But that is how I afford my Disney trips, by not having a new car or the latest gadget out there. Others may choose to buy those things, which is fine. But then they shouldn't complain that they can't afford a Disney vacation. Some people can't have it all.

I thought only the deluxe resorts were opening for the time being?

Exactly

as others said too, people keep paying so they will keep charging

We've found the staff and amenities at Universal's hard Rock equal to or better than Disney resorts. Universal's hotels hire permanent staff that have a chance at a career and don't rely on college students.

I thought only the deluxe resorts were opening for the time being?
We don’t know that they’re even opening Deluxe. The only option people who got cancelled 6/14-6/21 are being given are DVC or FW through the end of the year.

Well up through almost the end of July Dolphin is charging about $800/night... I don’t even want to know what the people with cancelled June trips rebooking to rack rate DVC July cash rooms are being charged 😱

Swan & Dolphin pricing has gotten wonky since Marriott took over Starwood. There are still deals to be had, but there are also $800+ a night rooms.

I took a look. Supply and demand. WDW resorts are not accepting reservations, so Swolphin is the next best alternative at the moment if you want to be onsite ASAP. Demand is high, prices go up. Looks like prices go back to normal starting July 29.

The DVC Rental companies have several guaranteed bookings that they're offering as well. Still pricey and less flexibility but cheaper than rack rate or the inflated Swolphin prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!