How are the copper creek studios at wilderness lodge?

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
I am cautiously optimistic about staying in a studio at copper creek with our 3 year old (turning 4) son and my wife.

I do appreciate many aspects of the wilderness lodge but it isn't on the monorail and we do prefer the victorian or tropical themes at places like the Grand Floridian, Poly, and the yacht/beach club quite a bit more. So I'm trying to fall in love with it- especially considering the premium we will be paying over a place like Coronado Springs.

Anyhow- I'd love to hear feed back from anyone who has stayed at copper creek or the wilderness lodge lately! Did the rooms feel too small? How did you like the location? How was the service? How about the food? We are renting a car- I refuse to do the Disney bus experience.

Last year, we stayed in both a standard-CL room at WL (which is the same size as a regular standard room) and a 1-bedroom at Copper Creek. The studio, I believe, is about 340 square feet which is about 70 square feet smaller than a Poly standard room, so, yes, there is a size difference, though, when we've stayed in other studio rooms, they've always felt bigger to me because we could close up the sofa bed during the day.

The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous, but I love the "wilderness" theme. I could have sat in the lobby for hours just looking at the totem poles and the fireplace. The Copper Creek villa decor was beautiful.

I love the food choices there. Both of the QS are very good. We loved sitting by the water and eating at Geyser Point. WCC is a lot of fun and Artist Point, IMHO, is one of the best signatures on property. The boat service to MK was great and you can even boat over to CR and walk from there. We always took time to either boat or walk over to Ft. W too to go to HDDR or just visit the horses at the stable.

The only downside to WL, IMHO (other than the smaller rooms) is the transportation to all parks except MK, but you won't have to worry about the with a rental car! We uber, lyft or Minnie Van'd to every other park. Our family lost patience with Disney buses a few years ago!

WL also has a really nice, small pool and a great children's splash pad. It's much, much nicer than CSR, IMHO and is also quite compact, so you aren't walking for miles to get anywhere.

We stayed in a two bedroom CCVWL villa earlier this month and it was perfect. Everything in the rooms is new and modern. We loved the lobby and having drinks at Geyer Point right on the water. It was so serene and felt like a true vacation. Boat to MK, while not the monorail, was great.

We own DVC at copper creek and stayed in a studio there this past December. The room is smaller than the Poly (our other home), but we loved it. The layout is very well thought out with plenty of storage space. Taking the boat to the magic kingdom was wonderful and to us just as quick as the monorail from the Poly. We love Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point was also great. We didn’t get to enjoy the pools as it was really cold the week we were there, but we can’t wait to go back when it’s warmer. They looked amazing! We loved everything under one roof!

I’m in one right now with my five year old. The decor is beautiful and the room is laid out really well. We’ve had great luck with transportation too (never waiting more than ten minutes for a boat or bus).

I will say that the view from our room stinks. The CM at the front desk told us that there are so few studios (relative to 1BR), that they don’t have much flexibility in reassigning rooms. The QS options here are fine, but not great. Whispering Canyon and Artist Point are terrific though.

For whatever reason the whole resort feels really quiet and empty, even though they’re supposedly booked pretty heavily right now. All in all, this is definitely the resort we’d pick again for good theming and easy Magic Kingdom access with a young child.

It’s our favorite resort. It’s peaceful and laidback. Restaurants are good, although not my favorite. Room size actually never bothered us and we are a family of 4. Never had a problem with the busses, and never have waited very long on the boat. Highly recommend this resort. At one time we never thought YC would be beaten as our favorite, but then we stayed at the WL :-).

I’m in one right now with my five year old. The decor is beautiful and the room is laid out really well. We’ve had great luck with transportation too (never waiting more than ten minutes for a boat or bus).

I will say that the view from our room stinks. The CM at the front desk told us that there are so few studios (relative to 1BR), that they don’t have much flexibility in reassigning rooms. The QS options here are fine, but not great. Whispering Canyon and Artist Point are terrific though.

For whatever reason the whole resort feels really quiet and empty, even though they’re supposedly booked pretty heavily right now. All in all, this is definitely the resort we’d pick again for good theming and easy Magic Kingdom access with a young child.

Bummer about the view. Thanks for the info though!

So....I'm confused. Did they BUILD more rooms for Copper Creek or did they convert hotel rooms as The Wilderness Lodge to create them???

So....I'm confused. Did they BUILD more rooms for Copper Creek or did they convert hotel rooms as The Wilderness Lodge to create them???

Both. They built the Copper Creek Cabins on the waterfront. They converted half the Main Lodge to Villas.

All WL hotel rooms in the south wing were converted to the copper creek villas.

OP, WL was our go to resort for many, many years. We never wanted to stay anywhere else. All visits were pre-copper creek. We loved absolutely everything about the resort. We stayed from the time our little guy was 2 1/2 untill he was 18. It cannot be compared to the Poly or GF (nor do I think one can compare Poly and GF) All three resorts are beautiful in their own right and have their own pros and cons. DH and I stayed at Poly last year, first trip w/o our (not so) little ones ;) and fell in love, for completely different reasons than the WL.

We never had an issue with the buses to/from WL. Getting to the parks was part of our planned (or not so planned) day. Boat to MK, boat to CR, then monorail to EPCOT, bus to everywhere else. BUT... if, as you said, refuse to take advantage of the Disney bus system, you may want to rethink your choice. Many prefer to drive everywhere property, that is just not us.

Are the villas far from the front lobby or does it just depend on which one you get

The Boulder Ridge villas are further from the lobby as they are in a separate building. We were in one of the further villas in Copper Creek and it didn't feel far from the lobby at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter