• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How bad is DL going to be this weekend?

Tami and Bryan

Earning My Ears
I understand that Anahiem might have some bad weather this weekend.
How much? What might be shut down if some bad weather moves in?
I also understand that there are one or two conventions in town not to mention the arrival of spring break.

Wife and I are wondering if it is worth the drive time from Tucson Arizona to see disneyland this weekend. Actually friday and saturday to be exact.

Tami and Bryan
Tucson Computer Repairs & Data Recovery Services
520-290-6310

My friend and her family went to Disneyland yesterday and she told me it was a ZOO! Friday and Saturday will be most likely be as, if not more crowded. If the rain comes in, which like you mentioned is predicted for this weekend. the inclement weather may drive some people away. That might be a nice time to visit the park if you don't mind wearing raincoats and getting a bit wet. I've not been to DL in the rain, so unfortunately, I have no insight as to what rides would be shut down.

Any outdoor, non-water rides will be closed if it rains. Outdoor water rides stay open.

Tami and Bryan said:
\I also understand that there are one or two conventions in town not to mention the arrival of spring break.

QUOTE]

We live in So. CA and don't get Spring break until the week before Easter (April 10 - 14th) Don't know who here is on spring break now......
Can't speak for the conventions though........

I was there on Tuesday for a few hours and quite a few mid-western and western states were on break. Arizona was one. I also saw Utah and Oklahoma.

Many places have moved their spring break from week before/after Easter to other times in March/April. Ours is still the week after Easter.

Tami and Bryan said:
from Tucson Arizona

Hey! Im from Tucson too!! "it's a small world after all!"
we are going 21st - 24th of march :lmao: it is going to be PACKED!! i hope it wont close if they reach max compasity! ( 90,000 ppl!!) i've been there when that happens.. and let me tell you, IT ISN'T FUN!! :teeth:

Have a safe trip! *we're driving down too... :hourglass ugh 7 hrs in a car.. with a 4 yrold i babysit.... :rolleyes1
-Juliette

tigger0215 said:
Hey! Im from Tucson too!! "it's a small world after all!"
we are going 21st - 24th of march :lmao: it is going to be PACKED!! i hope it wont close if they reach max compasity! ( 90,000 ppl!!) i've been there when that happens.. and let me tell you, IT ISN'T FUN!! :teeth:

Have a safe trip! *we're driving down too... :hourglass ugh 7 hrs in a car.. with a 4 yrold i babysit.... :rolleyes1
-Juliette

Have fun! You driving or flying?

Tami and Bryan
520-290-6310

Driving... :faint:

7 loooooooonnnnnnnggggg hours in a car.... i will be soo bored :bored:

Hey! gotta get there somehow!

are you flying or driving?

I'm in DL right now. Coming to you live from the Grand Californian! :) It's hard for me to say how crowded it is. It's my first time here. I would compare the crowd to an early Spring Break at Disney World. I didn't see what the wait times were today for many rides. We were at DCA and didn't stay long since my son got sick. (Poor baby I think he has a bug. Hoping tomorrow sometime he will feel up to going back out) I do know around 1pm Monsters Inc ride line was going out the building and was about a 1 hour wait. But with it being new and no Fast Pass for it I dont think that was overly odd. When I went through Paradise Pier most of the rides seemed to have short lines. Except for California Screaming it was very long.

As for spring break...its spring break in the Dallas area now. Most if not all of the school districts in the Mertopolitan area have off. I would imagine some other areas have early spring break too.

Take Care
Jamie
(who is quickly becoming a DL convert. I think im gonna have to start alternating coasts!)

tigger0215 said:
Driving... :faint:

7 loooooooonnnnnnnggggg hours in a car.... i will be soo bored :bored:

Hey! gotta get there somehow!

are you flying or driving?

We are driving also. :rolleyes1

Tami and Bryan
520-290-6310

It's spring break here this week, and some schools are off the last week of March - even though we're in FL, a lot of people herre are heading to DL to experinece it during the 50th instead of going to WDW.....

There are plenty of rides that stay open during the rain. Things that may get shut down in Disneyland are teacups, Alice, Autopia, and the tree house. It depends on how much rain they get. Last week they predicted rain for the whole weekend and it only rained a little so the park was light and all the rides were open (except Pirates), even the treehouse which is *never* open. Canoes were open too and begging people to ride which also *never* happens. It was great fun! By light I mean 15-30 minute waits throughout with a 65 minute wait max for Space. Fastpasses help a lot with the more popular rides. You just need to time it because the time before when we went Splash was having trouble and the girls were in line for almost 3 hours before they shut it down, then everyone used their fastpasses at Indy and it was a 45 minute wait for the fastpass line. On the flip side, last weekend we tried to use our fastpasses for Big Thunder and they didn't even take them because the standby line was shorter than the fastpass line. I love forecasts of rain!!!

We are also headed to DL this weekend. We are hoping that the forecast for rain will keep the crowds down, but yes it is spring break time, and it will be crowded.

Hey everyone, been lurking here for weeks and decided to finally sign up. We live in Tampa and will be heading to DL Saturday for a week. It is our Spring Break for Hillsboro County. We are annual pass holders at WDW but this is only second trip to DL, last was in 1995. Staying at the Grand Californian, can't wait, have 5 day hoppers from AAA at kids play for price, deal came with the unlimited fast pass, refillable drink mugs, lanyards and pins, luggage tags, priority seats at the shows and early entry to park and toon town, yoo hoo :thumbsup2

See you real soon :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter