how bad is it week after Christmas?

Lollipop Mom

DIS Veteran
We've been planing a trip to WDW for early May of 2004 and my son can not be more excited about it. This morning I get a call from my parents that they need to go to Orlando to have some work done on their new RV. They are asking if we would like to do 2 days at Disney and a day at Busch Gardens with them since they are going anyway. My husband and I were in the UGA band when UGA played in the Citrus Bowl in the early 90s and were at the parks the week between Christmas and New Years and I remember it being full but not insanely crowded. That was of course the observation of a 21 year old college student who got into the parks for free and was enjoying goofing off with friends. The impression of a 32 year old mother of 2 who pays to go to the parks may be quite different! We were planning on APs anyway since they bought the RV and would be up for a few short trips through the year.

My big fear is that we will go down with them and my 4 year old will be unhappy with standing in lines and not seeing much so he will not look forward to the trip in May when crowds are more reasonable. I don't want to have APs and have him not really wanting to go again.

We would not be in the parks for Christmas day or for New Years Eve. It would most likely be either the 27th and 28th or the 28th and 29th. Any insight into what degree of "packed" the parks are at that time? Would we be insane to even try this? It's hard to pass up going when we have a free place to stay and Grandma and Grandpa are offering to cover meals as a Christmas gift! My husband is also thrilled at the idea of going back and seeing UGA in the Capital One Bowl again this year.

It will be very, very crowded. You may not get into MK at all because they close to off-site guests when full, and it will be soooo crowded. It would probably be better to do a different park anyway. I like the idea of doing the park that had Early Entry the day before. Epcot would probably be good, crowdwise.

Wow! I can't believe you even have to think about it? :) A FREE trip?!!! I wouldn't worry about your 4 year old - they are so easy to please. We, the parents, are the ones who think more is better. Even if all you did was ride Buzz (with fast pass), see Mickey Mouse, walk around Toon Town, eat a Mickey bar, and buy him a balloon on the way out, I would think he would be a VERY happy camper, eagerly looking forward to returning in May!!

Don't know a thing about the crowds that week. Just wanted to say HI to a fellow Redcoat alumni. I was a Redcoat way back in the seventies. Once a DAWG, always a DAWG. How sweet it is!!!! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter