How bad is the week of July 4th?

MinnGoofy

We will be visiting Disneyland the week of July 4th. Our trip to DL is combined with a family reunion in northern CA, so we really have no choice of dates. I know the week of the 4th is a peak attendance time, but I am wondering just how bad it will be. Will we be able to see anything with a less than 40 minute wait? What will the wait time be for the more popular attractions? Will it help if we go to the park from 5:00 PM until closing instead of earlier in the day? Any information you could provide would be most appreciated. We are really looking forward to the trip and hope that the crowds won't dampen our fun too much. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel, if that makes any difference for entry times.

MNgoofy

//www.cce.umn.edu/ois/jblixt/goofy05a.gif

Wellll...it will be VERY busy! At least by staying onsite you can do early entry, and if you get the passes from the resort you can park hop between Disneyland and the new DCA, should one park or the other become unbearable.

Both parks have Fast Pass on several attractions, so use that whenever you can. Other than that, yep, be prepared to do some standing in line. At least the parks will be open VERY extended hours, so early mornings and late nights shouldn't be too bad.

Have fun! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

At least the 4th is on a Wednesday which might keep the crowds a little lighter on the days before and after the Holiday versus the 4th landing on a Monday of Friday.

I can only reiterate to use the Fast Pass system and go to the park that seems less crowded if you can hop.

DL multiple times
DL GC Disneyana Convention '01
WDW offsite '92, Grosvenor '96, AS-Mu '98,
Disneyana Convention AS-Mu '00,

<font color=navy>Expect DL to be very crowded, especially from the 4th on. The best times are before noon, getting there before the park opens - I think it'll be open by 8am - you'll see a lot then, and after the parade. People tend to leave around 9ish or so.

I was there on the 3rd last year to see the fireworks, and between the crowd on Main Street & seeing Fantasmic - it was almost impossible to go against the flow of traffic.

Just a recommendation for one evening, at least. Watch Fantasmic from the area in front of the Pirates (near where the Kodak picture taking spot sign is by the Rivers of America). After the show, stay there, and you can see the fireworks just fine, without trying to fight the crowds.

It'll be hot and crowded, but not muggy.

Wait time can be up to more than an hour for the popular attractions, so Fastpass is a great option.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter